Login with Google Accelerator not working in Mobile application
Application Type
Mobile, Reactive

Hi Community,

At the moment I am looking into the Login with Google Accelerator that is available in Reactive and Mobile applications. I did follow the guide to configure the Google API Console. For Reactive applications this works as expected but in a Mobile application I am receiving an error (Error 403: disallowed_useragent). 

Also in the guide they configure a web application in the Google API Console and I guess that is not the way to configura a mobile application. I could test this by configuring a Android application in the Google API Console but in the guide they also mention to set the ClientId in the OSAcc_GoogleSignIn_IS module but I am not sure how this would work if I configure a Android application in the Google API console since this will generate a new ClientId. 

Did anyone else test this accelerator and ran into the same problem as I do? And how did you solve this?

And yes, I know there are several forge components available to build Google Login. At the moment we are using a custom build Google Login method. I am just curious if we can use a default built-in solution rather then a custom made one.

Best,

Bart

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Bart,

Check out this thread.

Also here is mentioned that Google no longer allows OAuth requests in embedded browsers known as webviews.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Thanks for your reply!

First of all I want to say that in my opinion it is a bit strange that OutSystems provides us a accelerator to login into Google that is not working out-of-the-box. Secondly, I did read the forum posts you mentioned and it seems that I can use the InAppBrowser Plugin to provide some kind of built-in native browser. In the forum post they do not provide a solution but only point that could be a solution. Could you provide some guidance on this?

Best,

Bart

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Bart,

Not sure, but I think the Google Authentication Blocks you use are supposed to be for Reactive Web Applications only (see description). 

There is no Authentication module in the OutSystems Accelerators Mobile application.

Furthermore, there is no mention of Mobile Apps in the Login with Google Accelerator article you shared. Also the screenshots in that article are all from Reactive Web Apps and the GoogleSignIn_IS module mentions it's for Web integration.

I agree with you it is strange the blocks can be selected inside a Mobile App if you cannot use them properly.

Anyway, as I have personally not worked with this before, I will ask around and see if there is a workaround in place for Mobile Apps.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

I think you're right. I hope there is some kind of workaround. Or do you have another solution to implement Google login for mobile? I saw a few Google components on the forge but most of them seem to use Google+ implementations.

Best,

Bart

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.