[Reactive Multiple File Upload] Using the DataURL
Forge component by José Pedro Proença
Application Type
Reactive

I might have missed it - but it doesn't appear the demo illustrates how to properly use the DataURL on a normal File Upload.  Can you post that?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Doug,

I'm not sure whether I understood your use case correctly. But, based on my understanding, I have created a solution that demonstrates how to use the DataURL on a normal/default (RWA) File Upload widget.

Refer to this Demo Screen: FileUpload_DataURL

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

RWALabFileUploadDataURL.oml

Hi Benjith!  Thank you for your response!  Yes this does help overall. The only issue I'm encountering now is the file being uploaded is too large and throws a connection timeout error.  Probably a question for another forum.  Thanks again!

mvp_badge
MVP

You're welcome, Doug,

Glad to help you :)

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Doug,

How big is your file? And which kind of error are you receiving? (HTTP 413?).

You could have issues with timeouts, or your file could be bigger than the max length allowed from your infrastructure.

You can set the max length via Factory Configuration.

Check the documentation here.

Cheers,

Luís

Hi Luis!  The file is 62M and the error is under the hood:  

There is no limit on file uploads set.  I can confirm that, through setting an expression on screen to read and display the DataURL, that it in fact does take about 35 seconds to render because the file is large.  Unfortunately it appears that this delay is what's triggering this error.  I can confirm this happens with DataURL and straight binary createfile actions.

Hi,

Please do a test and increase the server request timeout in the module:

Another alternative, for your specific use case you shouldn't jeopardize the entire application performance.

You can create a data action to upload the file and edit the Server Request timeout:

Cheers,

Luís

That seems to have worked in one way, but now dies in a 502.  I upped the timeout to 10 minutes, but get this after about 1.5 minutes.

I think you have some issues with your proxy (console-d.dynecon.com).

The most common cause to retrieve a 502 is regarding the timeout of the proxy was reached prior to the request completion.

Please check the info regarding how to handle bad gateway errors here.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Luís

That was it, yes.  Proxy issue.  Just sucessfully got it all to work.  1.04M records loaded.  Thanks for your help!

Nice to hear that is working fine without any issue!

Cheers,

Luis

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.