Simple reports with PDF - Footer overlapping data in preview.

Hi,

We are trying to generate a report using Simple Reports to PDF. When using chrome to preview the screen, the footer overlaps the last couple of rows of data. If we refresh the screen in the browser, the report is perfectly formatted.

I have tried different browsers to view the screen with mixed results. For example, works perfectly first time in IE (10) but I need to refresh the browser if I use firefox.

After previewing the report in any browser, if I download the report as a PDF, the PDF is correctly formatted.

I have run out of ideas, I have tried making some changes to the CSS including page-break-inside but with no luck.
Currently using outsystems 11.

I have attached a screen shot of the issue.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

SimpleReportsIssue.docx

Solution

I solved my issue by adding some javascript to force the page to re-load in the browser.

Hello David,

Hopefully the recommendations made in the following post solves it for you:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/52573/download-pdf-different-to-preview-overlapping-footer/

I couldn't help but notice that coincidentally the screenshots shared in that 2 year old post and your post are quite similar.

Regards,

AJ

Thanks AJ,

The issues look similar but this issues on the screen when it's rendered within the browser, the PDF is generated fine.

Solution

I solved my issue by adding some javascript to force the page to re-load in the browser.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.