RichWidgets Container_Round Problem

RichWidgets Container_Round Problem

Hello all
I've installed the new Firefox 4 and the application I'm currently working on stopped showing the rounded corners obtained by the Container_Round widget.

I'm currently getting this Firefox 4vs what I used to get  Firefox 3 / Chrome

Any known issue with Firefox 4 and RichWidgets?
Hi Pedro,

Actually, you might be the first reporting it. Have you tried to debug it with Firebug? The code in the RichWidgets round corner file does a series of tests at the beginning, so it might be failing them somehow.

Also, the implementation is through jQuery's Rounded Corners functions, so it might be something that we need to update on that front. From what I noticed, the rounded corners are created through Mozilla soon-to-be-deprecated -moz-border-radius CSS property. It could also be that.

I hope this helps and sheds some light on the subject.

Let us know if you dig any deeper, and what more you find - maybe we can get to the bottom of it!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Hi Pedro,

First, thanks for your feedback. We already notice this problem and we're working to fix some of the stuff that do not work correctly in Firefox 4.

The next revision of RichWidgets (embedded in Enterprise Manager solution) and Service Studio will fix some problems, including this one.

Regards,
João Portela
Thanks guys for the fast reply.

I wasn't able to do more digging, I just bumped into this since while I was doing some tests on the application (which needs to have the same look and feel for all the 5 major browsers [FF, Chrome, IE, Opera and Safari]) and found weird that it worked well in the previous version and not on this new one.

Glad to see you guys are on top of it :)

Best regards,
PC
Hello all,

After installing the newest version of EM, I found out that while container's using the Container_Round webblock are now working fine in FF4, the menu still presents the same problem (as the pictures I previously posted)

Anything we need to change for the menu to work again?

Best regards,
PC
Hi Pedro,

The problem with the menus in Firefox 4 is solved in the latest Service Studio 5.1.1.18. You'll need to install this version of Service Studio, open the espace where the menu is defined and republish the eSpace to the server.  This version includes a upgrade to solve this problem.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Regards,
João Portela
HI João.

At the moment due to the change of the Arithmetic Division operator change I cannot change the server to this new version without making a deeper analysis of the impact of that change. Unless all it requires is the instalation of Service Studio, I cannot do it for the time being.

Best regards,
PC
Hi Pedro,

The round corners fix is a Service Studio upgrade, you do not need to install the platform server.
The link João Portela posted is a direct link for the standalone Service Studio installer (without server).

If you really don't what to upgrade it ...search in the eSpace for
($.browser.mozilla && $.browser.version.split('.')[1]<9)

and replace with

($.browser.mozilla && $.browser.version.split('.')[0]<=1 && $.browser.version.split('.')[1]<9)

Regards,
João Rosado