Few modules are outdated
Application Type
Traditional Web

Dear All,

In our application, few modules including the system components are outdated in the Production environment. Since our application is in live and its payment related application, I am having doubt that if I republish the modules from my side, whether it will affect the application. Also I want to know while republishing the modules, whether any down time is required? 

I have attached the screenshot of the warning modules.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks & Regards,

Madhavan

OutdatedModules.PNG

Hello Friend,

Please refer below link,

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/63900/this-module-has-outdated-user-provider/

At the end Mounika Bora has given some useful link.

Kind Regards,

Ajit kurane.

Hi Ajit,

Thanks for your reply. I have few queries regarding this

1) Whether any downtime is needed for the republishing activity?

2)What will be the impact, if the application runs with warning status in the modules like now?

Thanks & Regards,

Madhavan

Hello Friend,

Abhinav has been provided it in meantime.

Cheers,

Ajit Kurane.

Hello Madhavan,

1) A Downtime approach is the safest way to perform an upgrade and advised when there are no business requirements for zero-downtime. By stopping the Production environment and preventing end-users access, the Upgrade process consistency is guaranteed, and a rollback can happen with no data loss.

2) In OutSystems, a warning is a potential problem but does not prevent the deployment of a module to the server. However, it's advisable to check the warnings and solve them, since they may be tip of the iceberg for unexpected or bad behaviors.

As Ajit has already provided you the appropriate link. In addition to that, I hope this answers will further help you clear your doubts. 

Regards,

Abhinav

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello there,

Hope you're doing well.

@Abhinav Shilwant I don't think the OP is referring about an upgrade of the platform server, he seems to be asking just about the republish activity. However, about your statement, you can execute an upgrade with zero-downtime and without compromising the business. I don't think it is reasonable to have your entire factory down just because you're doing a platform server upgrade.

@Madhavan Selvaraj responding to your questions:

1) "I am having doubt that if I republish the modules from my side, whether it will affect the application. Also I want to know while republishing the modules, whether any down time is required?"

When you republish a module, the code is compiled and distributed by your Deployment Controller to all of your Front-Ends. During this action, no downtime is required.

About the question if this republish will affect the application, this depends. You may have different warnings associated to your modules and different warnings may lead to different outputs.

You can check in here about the different warnings and what is the recommendation for each one of them.

About your warning specifically, it usually happens when someone changes the Environment Configurations (Service Center -> Administration -> Environment Configuration). Can you tell which changes were made? 

2) "What will be the impact, if the application runs with warning status in the modules like now?"

The only impact is that you'll have some modules running with old configurations. But your applications will be up and running.

Anyway, it is never advisable to have warnings in production environment. You should have your factory as clean as possible, specially in this environment.

My suggestion is that you republish those modules (with that message). Your target should be an environment with no warnings / errors.

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Thanks for your suggestions @Ajit Kurane , @Abhinav Shilwant , @Rui Barradas !

Regards,

Madhavan

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.