reading thru listbox

reading thru listbox

I was able to identify which list item was clicked/selected (the last time) by using the below code

ListDuplicate.List.Current.Boolean.Value

But, I would like to know some additional details. since multi select is possible; how do i check
a particular list item was selected or not from the group?

Hi Jith,

Well, the way to do it is to iterate through the list, and to see which items have indeed been checked. The "Current" item is just that - the current one, usually the last one in the list unless you're iterating through it.

For you to get the grips of the Agile Platform, I strongly recommend everyone to go through our free online training, at the OutSystems Academy, since it does cover the basics and some of the patterns that get asked around in the forums, and hopefully saves people a lot of trouble in the long run.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

I was able to iterate the list and identify all the items which are selected. I've this validation, when user click on "Save" button. But, after this call the list box selection is cleared. Though, I used Ajax refresh for list box, still I lost my selection. How do I retain my listbox selection?

Due to security reason, the training (youtube) videos are not availble in the work computer.

Let me know, the above scenario is understandable.
Hi Jith,

The AJAX refresh will simply refresh a specific section of the screen. If, on refresh, the list you're using is empty, and if you are refreshing the list box as a whole, it is expected that you lose the selection.

If you need to refresh the list box, you need to store the list somewhere. If you don't need to refresh the list box, then don't refresh it, and the list values will be kept.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares