Reactive Web -  Link multiple apps
Question
Application Type
Reactive

We have a landingpage in Outsystems that allows users to redirect to a Liferay content system or log into a self service portal that we are developing in Outsystems.   The landing page is one Outsystems application and the Self Service portal is another application.   Currently we have the home page for the self service portal set as public and the landing page home screen is also public.  

When the user logs in we link them to that public home page and when they log out of the self service portal we redirect back to the landing page home page.   It all works well, but we are seeing that the apps have circular dependencies.   So when we promote one in Lifetime the other gets promoted as well.  

Any suggestions on how to link these two applications without creating dependencies between them?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Josh,

GetEntryURL() appends ".aspx" for Traditional Web screens.

For Reactive Web Apps you could simply use the Replace() function to remove the ".aspx" and it will work.

Regards,

Nordin

Thanks, I forgot that existed.   (shows how often I have had to link applications!)

I'm still having some trouble.  I created a server action on the other applications that use GetEntryURL and return that value as the URL.  However when I try to navigate to the URL that was returned I get an error and see the following in our service center logs.  This worked previously for a traditional web app, but with reactive apps it does not appear to work.   Ideas?

The file '/TestApp1/Screen1.aspx' does not exist. 

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Josh,

GetEntryURL() appends ".aspx" for Traditional Web screens.

For Reactive Web Apps you could simply use the Replace() function to remove the ".aspx" and it will work.

Regards,

Nordin

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.