Where does OutSystem store all the SQLs internally?
Application Type
Traditional Web, Mobile, Reactive, Service
Service Studio Version
11.50.12 (Build 48652)
Platform Version

I have requirement to look into all the SQLs in all the applications for optimizing or rewriting. Is there a way to do this like in Some system table or folder.

Solution

Hi Ramesh,

I don't think code is anywhere in SQL tables. I stand by AJ, you should seek all advanced queries (in all modules) and optimize them when possible.

Another way - I guess a bit more painful - is to extract every module OML and convert them to xml. There you find everything (and more!) that you need. Check this post.

Joao, Thanks I think post you linked may give me something to work with.

Hello Ramesh,

You can edit/ optimize the SQL that developers write inside the 'SQL' widgets can be accessed from Service Studio of course. 

The SQL that works behind the scene in Aggregates, however, can only be previewed but cannot be edited. Aggregates are already optimized, though what you can ensure is that best practices for Aggregates are being followed.

Regards,

AJ

mvp_badge
MVP

This is not really the answer to the questions which is in which OutSystems metadata table that SQL widget SQL statements are stored.

Thank you Daniel and you do have a valid point. 

In retrospect, I should have started by pointing out that I do not know where outsystems stores the SQL internally. At the time, I did think of it as a moot point, as long as I could address what Ramesh could expect to edit vs not edit.

Regards

AJ

AJ,

Thanks for replying but there are too many modules to open and navigate to each module which takes lot of time, off course going to each one is my last option I have.

Ramesh

Yes thanks Daniel you reworded my question correctly, which meta table stores all the SQLs triggered from all espaces ?

Solution

Hi Ramesh,

I don't think code is anywhere in SQL tables. I stand by AJ, you should seek all advanced queries (in all modules) and optimize them when possible.

Another way - I guess a bit more painful - is to extract every module OML and convert them to xml. There you find everything (and more!) that you need. Check this post.

Joao, Thanks I think post you linked may give me something to work with.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.