Using input filename widget

Using input filename widget

1)I normally use the input filename widget to import files of different format or to upload,but i will like to know if its possible to use this widget with the aid of the BinaryDataSize extension to upload videos, I have used this "BinaryDataSize(inputfilename.Content) for uploading images but doesnt work well  for videos.

2)Also please i would like to have any tips or pointers were i can get  javascript libraries or APIs that will allow me reference youtube videos and automatically play those videos by placing the embed code of the youtube video or link  on my textbox control in my website.i want a situation whereby users can reference you tube videos from my website by simply placing the video  link or the video embed code and on the click event of the action button it automatically references the video and plays it directly from my site without necessarily going to youtube site.
Hi Tmlewin,

The problem you're probably facing with uploading videos is the maximum request length for IIS. Check this post on how to change it, if that's the case. You may also use OutUploader for that.

Regarding referencing other videos, I would assume that it's just placing that code in an Unescaped Expression, so that the code is rendered in the browser. At least, that's the way we do it in our web site and network videos.

Let us know if this helps, and if it makes sense.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Thanks paulo,but i would like you to visit these links to have a glimpse of what i am trying to put forward.
http://www.google.com/uds/solutions/videosearch/reference.html  and  http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/2.0/developers_guide_dotnet.html.

As you can see from these links that i am trying to implement some pretty complex implementations ,considering the c# code i am thinking of creating an extension from it and exposing it as a webservice to be used in service studio but there are som implementations that will involve html manipulation which is not that easy considering the fact that its not easy to access the HTML of my espace in agile platform.I would really appreciate it if you can spare some time and go through those links to understand what i am trying to achieve and any idea or help would be welcomed.Thanks
Hi Tmlewin,

What exactly are you having dificulties on doing?
On the first link (I just fast scrolled it) didnt find anything needing any html modifications.
On the second has some stuff, but easily done:
  • Add the javasript tags using the HTTPRequestHandler extension AddJavaScriptTag method
  • Add the css tag using the HTTPRequestHandler extension AddStyleSheetTag method
  • The custom css you can just put on your eSpace , screen or block stylesheet property (Note: i dont recomend using the "#name" on css like they do on that page, use a ".name" definition)
  • Put a container on your screen/block and give it any name
  • Set the Style property of the container to what you created before
  • On the screen/block javascript property create a function like "function LoadVideoSearch(containerId) { ... }" and put all that javascript code they have in there. Use containerId in there instead of "videosc".
  • You the screen/block after the container place an expression, set the "Escape Content" property to False and write in the expression: "<script type='text/javascript'>LoadVideoSearch('" + TheNameYouGaveToTheContainer.Id + "');</script>"

Hope this helps.

Regards,
João Rosado
Thanks rosado for the quick response but the reason why i was talking about html manipulation was due to the fact that i wanted to use div tags in laying out some of my items(not a big fan of using tables)and append additional customized  css settings to div elements that was why i needed to access the html code.And in this link http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/2.0/developers_guide_dotnet.html  which contains detailed technical description on how to use the API to make authenticated requests to modify this information and to upload new video content to a site,is based on pure c# code and i am thinking of creating an extension out of it and importing it into service studio via integration studio .Anyways thanks for your insight  and i will definitely try out your suggestions.  
Hi Tmlewin

When you use Containers in Service Studio, they are converted in runtime to <DIV> elements in your HTML - so you can structure your app with Containers instead of Tables if you prefer. And you can also append custom CSS to DIV (using "style" attribute).

Check the attached example. I made a simple page structure with a Container floating inside another container. The floating container has a youtube video embedded with an unescaped expression, just like João Rosado explained.

Cheers,