OBDC and changing database from mongodb to mysql

how can i change from mongodb to mysql database?

can i change the documents to excel with mysql by obdc without paying ??

In mobile application you cannot call download when fetching the data. You can File Downloader for Mobile component to download files from mobile application. Try demo also

Hope this will helps you to achieve download file from mobile application.

Thanks Aadhavan S

Hi @Prolacto 0, You have to assign the file name value with an extension. Then only your file will be downloaded as excel file.

Hi @Prolacto 0,

You can check the same component with updated multiple file download - Component link

For sample, app Click here!!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Prolacto,

Can you explain what relation your questions have to OutSystems? What is your current set-up? What do you want to achieve?

basically i want to connect outsystems with a local server and  a local database. 

Hi @Prolacto 0 ,

You can connect to your local database and local server when you are having OS enterprise license. Once you deploy OS image into your local server, then the OS environment will connect with your local database.

If you are using your personal environment to connect with your local database, it won't work Since the personal environment is running in a cloud environment.

If you want to connect to the external database to your OS cloud application, refer to below the post. This may helps you.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Extensibility_and_Integration/Integrate_with_an_External_Database

Thanks, Aadhavan S

Okay so my case its this.

I build an app in outsystems envoriment, as database i am using mongodb, i want to transform those documents into excel documents but in mongodb we need to pay to m10 cluster  so does outsystems as any tool that does the same or should i just change ?

After connecting External database (Mongo DB in your case), You can use RecordList to Excel OS widget to exporet your data as excel file.

Use this widget to convert and record lists from the database table to excel.

Done but now i need to get a way to download or save the excel file 

excel.PNG

In Traditional web - Drag and drop the download widget after Rexord List to excel and provide the output Record lis to excel binary data to the input for File content in download widget properties.

In Reactive -  Create binary Output parameter for the server action and assign the utput Record lis to excel binary data

After that in screen action, drag and drop the download widget and provide the output from ObterDadis server action.

Thanks, Aadhavan S

Download widget available only on screen action (It may Client call in Reactive or Server call in Traditional). It will not be available on Server or Client action. Share me the OML or current screens full screenshot if you still not find the widget.

So my app is an mobile app and doesn t have an download widget 

tabletapp.PNG

FYI - We don't have a download widget on mobile application development. 

@Aadhavan Shanmugam in this example that they give.

I don t have an getsampledata because my data come other way not that way

1603377434313.png

@Aadhavan Shanmugam 

i honestly don  t know how i can use this in my case i may need to explain step by step what trouble i am having now

In mobile application you cannot call download when fetching the data. You can File Downloader for Mobile component to download files from mobile application. Try demo also

Hope this will helps you to achieve download file from mobile application.

Thanks Aadhavan S

so i did something wrong here it does download the file but not as excel i had to open with excel i think i did something wrong from here

hmm.PNG

Hi @Prolacto 0, You have to assign the file name value with an extension. Then only your file will be downloaded as excel file.

@Aadhavan Shanmugam  Thank you very much for you time and patience.

Its all working fine

@Aadhavan Shanmugam if i want to download at same time other excel files 

should it work like this?

2 1 Action with 2 Actions for 2 different excels

global.PNG

Hi @Prolacto 0,

You can check the same component with updated multiple file download - Component link

For sample, app Click here!!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.