bootstrap  excel data

Hi Team,

If I update the excel and tried to update entity data one more  time,it is not updating.

Is it  expected

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Ujwala,

It is because the scafolded bootstrap server action mapped with the timer does have the logic which checks wether the entity does have value, i.e. Is excel data bootstrap needed or not?!

For the mentioned use case, I suggest you introduce a separate back office screen to define & execute the flow to update the existing entity record referencing the uploaded excel file. 

Note: The current scaffolded timer/data bootstrap server action flow is for record creation. Therefore, it doesn't fulfil the purpose of updating the existing entity record.

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Ujwala,

It is because the scafolded bootstrap server action mapped with the timer does have the logic which checks wether the entity does have value, i.e. Is excel data bootstrap needed or not?!

For the mentioned use case, I suggest you introduce a separate back office screen to define & execute the flow to update the existing entity record referencing the uploaded excel file. 

Note: The current scaffolded timer/data bootstrap server action flow is for record creation. Therefore, it doesn't fulfil the purpose of updating the existing entity record.

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Solution

Hello @ujwala,

From the above posts, as you may realize by now, using the scaffolded bootstrap server action, you only get to insert data into your entity once, and cannot update it by running the process subsequently. 

If the entity is still a new one with no foreign key references from other entities then you could delete all the data in your entity and just bootstrap your excel data again.

If the entity already has foreign key references from other entities, then you may need to fix those manually.

A relevant post with more details can be found here.

Regards,

AJ

Hi @ujwala ,

Have you applied any format to the "age" column in the excel sheet?

Once I got the same issue, I formatted the column to "General". Then the column was detected by OS. 

Try to apply the number or general format to the age column in the excel sheet, Save, and try to upload.. this may help you.

Thanks, Aadhavan S

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.