Moving Banner in Mobile Application
Question
Application Type
Mobile

Hi All,

I intend to have a moving banner in my mobile application that displays the welcome message. Any advice how this can be accomplished, thanks in advance. 

Jayant

Solution

Hello there JAYANT BHRARA!

You can use this link, and create that "pattern" to your application

https://www.quackit.com/css/codes/marquees/

What I did was create a block, with the class example1 and put a placeholder to the developer to be able to put whatever he wants.

After this, I have copied the CSS from the link above, the first example of animation with the title scrolling text and now is ready to be used.

See that just give the class names that were on the first type of animation in the link above. So, if you want to see my working pattern, you can use it and give the classes you want.

You just need to move the block to your page and put the text you want.

See on my link and see the shared OML what I did

https://marcio-carvalho4.outsystemscloud.com/PreviewInDevices/?IsMobilePreview=True&DeviceName=Smartphone&URL=/MovingBanner/movingBnaner?_ts=637664809003787939

Kind Regards,

Márcio

MovingBanner.oml

Hi Marcio,

As always, thanks for your valuable inputs. 

I did everything as you advised and tested almost 20 times, still the banner is static and is not moving as was desired. I am attaching the oml file, would be thankful if you could do a quick glance as it would take just 2-3 minutes of your time & lemme know if you are able to figure out the reason for banner being static. 

Cheers & thanks in advance buddy

Jayant

movingBanner.oml

It's missing here the h3 class

With that, it's going to fix

Hi Marcio,

I was trying different styles for banner loading and notice the following:

1) Style Class  as example1 or example2 etc. for the Container gets loaded due to the code we enter in the Style Sheet. It is there in the dropdown list based upon the code we have keyed in the CSS.

2) However  the Style Class for the Placeholder as "h3' sometimes doesnot get loaded in the dropdown list. There are times when I donot notice the entry as "h3" in the dropdown inspite of the code being keyed in the CSS. 

Some inputs here would help. 

Jayant

It's loaded but on the search, there is a lot of other classes that start with h or have h, so it will show at end of the search.

So these classes are custom classes with different styles, so you will not be able to use classes to do what you want with the moving banner. So you need to create these custom classes. But as I said, you can change the name of the classes to whatever you want, you just need to be cautious if the names are the same that is on the style sheet or on the block classes.

Please, if I answer your primary/main question, please mark the solution that helped you. In this case, the one explaining how to make a moving banner. This will close the thread and people can use and trust this thread to help them to do moving banners too :)

If you have more questions that are not about the moving banner, the best thing to do is create another thread/question on the community, because it's going to be more cleaned and we will not have a thread/question with other questions inside.

Else, feel free to question whatever doubt you have about this subject. :)

Thanks!!

Kind regards,

Márcio

Hi Marcio,

Sure done the needful as you requested. 

Jayant

Solution

Hello there JAYANT BHRARA!

You can use this link, and create that "pattern" to your application

https://www.quackit.com/css/codes/marquees/

What I did was create a block, with the class example1 and put a placeholder to the developer to be able to put whatever he wants.

After this, I have copied the CSS from the link above, the first example of animation with the title scrolling text and now is ready to be used.

See that just give the class names that were on the first type of animation in the link above. So, if you want to see my working pattern, you can use it and give the classes you want.

You just need to move the block to your page and put the text you want.

See on my link and see the shared OML what I did

https://marcio-carvalho4.outsystemscloud.com/PreviewInDevices/?IsMobilePreview=True&DeviceName=Smartphone&URL=/MovingBanner/movingBnaner?_ts=637664809003787939

Kind Regards,

Márcio

MovingBanner.oml

Hi Marcio,

As always, thanks for your valuable inputs. 

I did everything as you advised and tested almost 20 times, still the banner is static and is not moving as was desired. I am attaching the oml file, would be thankful if you could do a quick glance as it would take just 2-3 minutes of your time & lemme know if you are able to figure out the reason for banner being static. 

Cheers & thanks in advance buddy

Jayant

movingBanner.oml

It's missing here the h3 class

With that, it's going to fix

Hi Marcio,

I was trying different styles for banner loading and notice the following:

1) Style Class  as example1 or example2 etc. for the Container gets loaded due to the code we enter in the Style Sheet. It is there in the dropdown list based upon the code we have keyed in the CSS.

2) However  the Style Class for the Placeholder as "h3' sometimes doesnot get loaded in the dropdown list. There are times when I donot notice the entry as "h3" in the dropdown inspite of the code being keyed in the CSS. 

Some inputs here would help. 

Jayant

It's loaded but on the search, there is a lot of other classes that start with h or have h, so it will show at end of the search.

So these classes are custom classes with different styles, so you will not be able to use classes to do what you want with the moving banner. So you need to create these custom classes. But as I said, you can change the name of the classes to whatever you want, you just need to be cautious if the names are the same that is on the style sheet or on the block classes.

Please, if I answer your primary/main question, please mark the solution that helped you. In this case, the one explaining how to make a moving banner. This will close the thread and people can use and trust this thread to help them to do moving banners too :)

If you have more questions that are not about the moving banner, the best thing to do is create another thread/question on the community, because it's going to be more cleaned and we will not have a thread/question with other questions inside.

Else, feel free to question whatever doubt you have about this subject. :)

Thanks!!

Kind regards,

Márcio

Hi Marcio,

Sure done the needful as you requested. 

Jayant

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.