Error after changing a table name directly in SQL.

Error after changing a table name directly in SQL.

The table name was 'outsystems.DBO.OSUSR_S2N_CONTACT1' and now is ''outsystems.DBO.OSUSR_S2N_CONTACT'
I changed the name and now  get this message:
An internal error occurred and was logged.
Error details:
Invalid object name 'outsystems.DBO.OSUSR_S2N_CONTACT1'.

How can I change the destnation table name in service studio?

Thanks for your help!
Hi Paulo, and welcome to the OutSystems community forums.

Indeed, you should not rename tables directly in the database. Is there any specific reason for you to rename it?

As you have figured out already, the application is mapped to use the CONTACT1 table as the table for that entity. As far as I know, you cannot change the table names directly in Service Studio, sadly. The table names are internal names.

You might want to look into this topic for other options.

However, if you really don't want to change the table name back to its original name, I'll encourage you to get in touch with out support team, since they are the best people to let you know what the best options are - if any - for you to keep the table with the new name.

I hope this helps.

Regards, and let us know how it goes.

Paulo Tavares
I was on a test environment, that's the only reason why I want to change the table name. I was trying to find out how could I relate an Entity to an existing table.
Outsystems can only work with tables generated by itself?

Thanks for your help
Hi Paulo,

Well, no, OutSystems can integrate with existing tables with ease, through Integration Studio. Check out this tutorial about integrating with an existing database.

However, the tables it creates, he's expecting them to keep the same name :)

I hope this makes it clearer, but let us know if there's something else we can do to help!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares