Emails and Notifications Design System Survey

Hello everyone!
I'm Gizem, and I'm running a survey to provide you a better notification experience while using any product of OutSystems. I'd appreciated it if you supported me by filling in this survey that only takes few minutes.
Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

mvp_badge
MVP

I started the survey, but I've honostly no idea what kind of "notifications" you are refering to.

Hi Kilian,
Let me give you some context; these notification terms also include "the toast messages" you could receive when you successfully completed the task, an error message, or any type of update. Apart from these, I also consider the "true changes" messages in Service Studio. So, not necessarily the persistent notifications but also the instant messages or updates. If you could tell me which product you use the most, I can also give you a specific example.

mvp_badge
MVP

Service Studio, Service Center, and Integration Studio. And of course the community website (as it's also mentioned).

Thank you for the further information. So, in the Service studio, all the "true change messages" and reminders. In the Service Center, all the notifications and messages appear on the top middle of the screen, and errors and warnings on the list item. Again in Integration studio, the messages appear in the middle of the screen. In Community, basically, all the community activity notifications include updates, ideas, post comments, etc. Please feel free to ask any further questions that I can help you with about the survey.

mvp_badge
MVP

Thanks for your reply. I think that the kind of notifications that you list are so wildly different in function and operation, that it's very difficult to generalize. The answer to a question like "How useful or not is it for you to be able to read your previous notifications?" could be completely different for True Change message and notifications on the community site. Same for "How frequently do you read your notifications in any OutSystems product?" - obviously True Change messages are very important to read, but one might easily skip a notification for a forum post. Whether a "previous notification" is useful at all depends very much on the medium (if sent by e-mail, a notification already can be read again) and type of notification (a True Change message about a syntax error in an expression will never be interesting to read back).

So I feel that calling all these different of messages "notifications" and asking about notifications in general makes it both difficult to answer the questions, and interpreting the response that you'll be getting...

Thank you for your feedback, and I agree with you. The purpose of the survey and this research is to unify the notification experience for you in the sense of the message context and also its function. So, I'll be analyzing the result based on the most frequently used product for every individual. I would suggest you answer questions based on functionality. If you would like to share further feedback about this specific topic, I would like to listen to your opinion in one to one interview.  

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.