Create USER_MASTER action timeout

Create USER_MASTER action timeout

Hi everyone.

I've run into the following problem:

I have an action in which I need to create new users based on records that come from the database and set their GroupId to a certain Group (Foreign key referencing the GROUP entity).
I retrieve the records from the database and, in a For Each Loop, create the users using the CreateUSER_MASTER entity action.

Before, when I didn't need to insert a groupId, everything went well and the users were created normally.
Now I've added a GroupId to the records being inserted, and the CreateUSER_MASTER action always times out, without any other error.
If I remove the GroupId everything runs smoothly again.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here? Can it have something to do with the fact that both entities are in the EnterpriseManager eSpace? I'm having this problem in a test eSpace, without any user logged in, so could this have something to do with Permissions?

Thank you in advance.

Filipe Silva
Hi Filipe,

From your description I cannot see an obvious reason for the behavior you are experiencing.

Have you tried debugging you operation in order to understand if something unexpected is occurring?

Do you see any errors being displayed in the Error Monitoring tab in Service Center?

Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems

Hi Daniel.

There really doesn't seem to be any obvious reason for this, and that's what forced me to come here for help.

Unfortunately there aren't any specific errors being logged, only the basic "Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. The statement has been terminated."

This happens both for the USER_MASTER entity and for a copy of it I created for testing (a literal copy, Ctrl+C - Ctrl+V - change name). I wonder if the USER_MASTER entity has some kind of special treatment from the platform that can cause this error...

Filipe Silva
Hi Filipe,

There is nothing special about the USER_MASTER table - it is just an entity of the EnterpriseManager eSpace (an any other entity in an OutSystems application).

What happens when you try to debug this operation? Does it simply hang in one specific point? Or doesn't it even start?

Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems
Daniel,

I've debugged the action where this problem occurs, both using the Create action and an advanced query, and it always hangs when inserting the USER_MASTER.
The only thing I'm seeing as possible is a permissions issue, since I'm debugging this eSpace without being logged in to enterprise manager..
Hi Filipe,

Well, it wouldn't seem that the problem has anything to do with Permissions, since you're writing to the database directly.

Could you share a test eSpace that replicates that behavior, so someone can take a look at it?

Regards,

Paulo Tavares