Database Connection Errors
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.11.15 (Build 48647)

I previously posted a question about external database connections, which was not resolved.

I have received more information on the issues.

I am hosting a database with a hosting company. They have given me their connection string for the database, which is:

mysql -upotromfnub -pKonDb1FULLPotron -hsql29.cpt1.host-h.net potron_db1

where

-u = user name

-p = password

-h = host name

(lastly) database name

Server name translates to IP address 197.221.1.41

When I create the database connection in Service Center, it will not connect. I changed to the "advanced" configuration option and after entering the information, I get an error - "Connection String test failed: Connection option 'server' is duplicated."  (see attached)  

At the bottom of the attached screen shot the connection string created by OutSystems is shown, which is in a different format as the hosting company's required format as shown above.

I would appreciate any insight into this problem.

Thanks,

Leon

Hello @Leon Holmes,

I am not sure why you get the error because FYI I was able  to connect successfully using the connection string you provided. Screenshot below.

I would suggest you change your password after the issue is resolved on your end.

Regards, 

AJ

Thank you AJ.  I am very pleased that you were able to connect.

Please can you show me your screenshot to the very bottom of the screen so I can see what you entered as Connection String Parameters.

Thank you

Leon

The server and database values are separated by a semi colon, which I could not make out clearly in your screenshot. Connection string:

server=sql29.cpt1.host-h.net;database=potron_db1

Screenshot:

This is exactly the way I entered it. So the configuration as per your screen shot is identical to mine. Yet, mine will not connect.  Is there anything I should do in addition before clicking the Test Connection button?

I am still getting the following error:

Connection String test failed: Connection option 'server' is duplicated.

Hello @Leon Holmes 

So yesterday prior to my previous post, I was unable to reproduce the error you encounter but failed. There was not much help from online research either. 

This is certainly a doozy! If I think of anything, I will keep you posted. At this point I would suggest reaching out to OutSystems Support.

Regards,

AJ

Hi Leon,

Can it be the case that it still holds the info you put in the 'server'-field while filling the Basic Configuration and that it tries to add this value to the Connection String Parameters you put in the Advanced Configuration?

BTW, I can also connect using the Basic Configuration.

Regards,
Lennart

Hi Lennart, thank you for your response.

I have deleted the connection and started again. I created a connection using the basic configuration only and I get the following error:

Connection String test failed: No available server found.

I then created a connection using the advanced configuration (without the basic configuration details) and I get the following error:

Connection String test failed: Connection option 'server' is duplicated.

Is it perhaps that this feature (connecting to external databases) is not available to customers using the "free" option?

Alternatively, should I be doing anything before clicking the Test Connection button?

Regards,

Leon

I've also tested it with my free account. Tried it again. Just filled your details in the Basic Configuration:

'No available server found' sounds like there is a connection, but there is no room for your connection.
Is there a limit of connections per IP-address (per period)?

Lennart,

I am not aware of any limits.  I have searched in Service Center and cannot find anything that even alludes to it.

Any idea who could help me?

Leon

Hi Leon,

A @AJ. states, you can contact OutSystems support for this. Apart from that you can check with your MySQL Db provider if there's any limit or other issue.

Regards,
Lennart

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.