[ReactFilePondUpload] Empty file upload
Forge component by Stuart Harris
Application Type
Reactive

Hi there,

First of all I want to thank you for the excellent job done, I just want to report a situation that happens.

In the previous version we had this behavior when by mistake we are loading an empty file. The error message is inconclusive and unclear.

Right now the message we have is:

Is there any possibility to improve the message and the result in this situation? It would be easier if it appears as an error indicating that the file may be empty or inaccessible.

Let's not forget that we create applications for people who sometimes don't have a lot of computer knowledge (yes, there are still people like that), and at first glance it seems that the problem is on the software side.

Thanks

Hi Maksym,

Thank you for your message and great explanation of the issue.  Yes, as you explained, this is indeed a defect.

I have added to the list for next release to improve the handling of empty files.  It would be nice if the error message was something similar to "The file is empty".

It may be a month or two away before the next release.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Stuart

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.