Why refresh icon not showing up when I modify a server action?
Application Type
Traditional Web, Mobile, Reactive, Service

When I add an input parameter to a server action in the producer module, The refresh icon is showing in the consumer module. But when I modify the logic inside the server action in the producer module, it is not showing the refresh icon in the consumer module. Can someone please explain why?

Hi @Krishnnambal Sundaram,

If you are adding any variable (input or output) to the public action in the producer module, a refresh icon will appear.  This is happening due to you may or may not use this variable(s) in consumer. 

But, if you are changing server action logic in the producer module, a refresh icon will not appear. This is because the actual logic is present in the producer module and the consumer module will consume it whenever required. you cannot see the producer server action logic from the consumer module.

This is a reason behind the refresh button in dependencies.

Thanks, Aadhavan S 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Krishnnambal,

Please read https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Reuse_and_Refactor/Handle_Changes_in_Exposed_Functionality

Depending of the type of change there is or is no impact.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The attached link says adding an o/p to a server action in the producer, wouldn't impact the consumer which is not the case. It shows the refresh icon still. 

Hi @Krishnnambal Sundaram,

If you are adding any variable (input or output) to the public action in the producer module, a refresh icon will appear.  This is happening due to you may or may not use this variable(s) in consumer. 

But, if you are changing server action logic in the producer module, a refresh icon will not appear. This is because the actual logic is present in the producer module and the consumer module will consume it whenever required. you cannot see the producer server action logic from the consumer module.

This is a reason behind the refresh button in dependencies.

Thanks, Aadhavan S 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.