Manual launch BPT causes connection timeout
Question

There is a BPT process that I want to start manually. I create an entity record and in some cases I start a BPT process attached to that record. I do not want to start a process when the record is created in all cases, hence the manual launch.

But the LanchProcess action always causes a connection timeout exception. Why? It should launch and continue.

Hello Rogier Olde Dubbelink,

Can you show the logic you have on BPT?

Regards,

Jorge Rodrigues

Process flow:

Hello,

The error may be within this decision, if there is a server action that takes too long, it may cause a timeout.

Regards,

Jorge Rodrigues

Hi!

Well, the LaunchProcess should be asynchronous. The process itself should run in another execution flow.

That is also the idea of BPT, isn't it?

Am I wrong?

Furthermore the decision contains a very quick query only.

Best regards,

Rogier

Hello,

Yes, supposedly the BPT is asynchronous and the action continued. I don't see what it could be. Sorry I didn't help, but I thought the error was because 'AutomaticActivity' has a time limit of 5 minutes.

Regards,

Jorge Rodrigues

Thanks anyway, Jorge!

Hi Rogier,

can you debug to see if it is the LaunchOnBoarding that is causing the timeout ?

Also, what do you see in service center, in errors and in processes tabs under monitoring ?  Also, I see you use logMessage, so do you see these logs in general tab ?

Dorine

Hi Dorine,

Yes, it is really the LaunchOnBoarding :

[1] Unable to connect to the remote server
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Processes.ActivityHandler.ExecuteProcessLaunch(String ssKey, Int32 tenantId, Int32 userId, Int32 parentActivityId, Int32 parentProcessId, List`1 inputs, List`1& nextActIds, String& failureMessage)

The first LogMessage is in the log but the second isn't.

The process is not created and an exception is thrown.

I an beginning to think it is an infrastructural problem. I lost too much time now so think I am going to refactor it to a solution with automatic process start which I know it works.

Thanks all!

Regards,

Rogier

Have a look at what Justin posted a few hours ago: blog post

It describes a scenario similar to yours. Do you have any callback functions (onProcessStart for example) on your process that might go into a timeout? That might cause the process not to start at all, as described in the article.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.