Can't pass combo box selected value to another Web Screen

Can't pass combo box selected value to another Web Screen

Hi,

I'm having a weird issue in a project I'm developing.

I have a Combo Box to let the user choose an option. As we know, the value of the selected option is stored in a variable. Under the Combo Box I have a button "Consult" that display a Popup Editor with the detailed information about the selected option. That Popup Editor (Web Screen) has an Input Parameter, wich will be the variable that hods the selected option in the combo Box. The problem is that variable is always NULL when received by the destination Web Screen. Why? This only happens with variables that hold the selected values of Combo Box's. If I pass any other variable, I get it right in the destination Web Screen (Popup Editor). Weird... I've tried everything I know to manage this issue...

After some days, I remembered to try a cookie, and it works, sometimes... :-( I create the cookie that holds the selected value in the first Web Screen, then I read it in the second  Web Screen. The problem is that in almost every browsers, this doesn't work, even if the cookies are totally alowed...

I'm out of ideas, please help :-)

Cheers,
Hugo Laibaças
Direcção-Geral do Orçamento
can you provide an as simple as possible eSpace where this issue is occurring?

In attachment you can find an espace with a similar pattern, please notice that when you navigate using Navigate (and not Submit) the value will NOT be passed to the destination screen. Perhaps that's what's happening to you?
Hi Ricardo,

Thnaks for your reply.

I'll try teh OML you have provide. I'll make "an as simple as possible eSpace where this issue is occurring" and provide it to you.
Regarding the method, I think it is possible to naviagte to another page and pass some parameters. In the case of Popup Editor, the Navigate Method is the only way it works.

I'll come hear later and live the OML to you analise :-)

Regards,
Hugo Laibaças

Hi Ricardo,

I've just finished testing something.
When using the Navigate method, it is possible to pass variables, like text, for example. But, if you try to pass a combo box variable (maybe olther form fields too), it doesn't work with this method, only with Submit. You are right :-)

How can I manage this situation? I really need to pass a combo box variable to a Popup Editor, which shows a destination web screen. How can I do this if the Popup Editor only works with Navigate method?

Cheers,
Hugo L.
Hy,

hope this helps !
Inside the Oml you will see all the information that you need!

It's a workarround for situations like the one i think you need to solve.

Cheers,
Gonçalo Cardoso
Hi Gonçalo,

That's an elegant workaround indeed - thanks for sharing. Hugo, do let us all know if this works :)

Regards,

Paulo Tavares