Get Timezone and offset from OS
Application Type
Mobile, Reactive

Hello,
I am using an API for getting the offset from a timezone and JS to get the timezone, is there any built-in function to get these values like there are functions in different languages to get these values so there must be some function here, I couldn't find it and I have a requirement to scale my application to support multiple timezones. I don't want to rely on 3rd party APIs as if they are down then my system would also not work properly.

Hi,

I think you can search and use forge components.

I see that many people use this TimeZone forge or this timezone-offset.

Cheers,

Khuong

Hello @Khuong Truong,
These are for traditional web, is there any for reactive web/moblie?

Regards

Hello @Shailesh 

You can check out the 'TimezoneReactiveUtils' forge component.

Regards,

AJ

Hello @AJ.

I checked out this component and it uses  https://worldtimeapi.org/  this api and in the api documentation I found that it can be down time to time with no guarantees(Attached Image), so I need something that can be reliable.

Regards

Hi @Shailesh,

For Time Zone component, its traditional but there are server actions so you can use them.

Cheers,

Khuong

Hi @Shailesh,

Please take a look at this post for more detail.

Cheers,

Khuong

Hi @Khuong Truong
Let me try it, if my issue will be resolved by it.

Hello,

I tried it but it doesn't work in my application, any other solution?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

I agree with @Khuong Truonguse this TimeZone forge component.

You say you tried and it did not work, can you elaborate more on that? Maybe shared what you tried? Did you get errors that you didn't know how to fix?

Regards,

Daniël

Hello @Daniël Kuhlmann, I'm facing timeout issue with this component status code 502, I used it on a client action of screen in mobile application. There maybe no response or late response from whatever method called inside the action.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.