[Factory Configuration] How to access a variable defined in Shared Configuration into the module?
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Service

I am storing a service URL in Factory Configuration (shared Configuration )  creating web.config_XSL and associating it to eSpaces. How can i access the newly created attribute into my module. Because based on the URL value set in the config, my module will connect to the service.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Prakash,

I don´t know if it is possible to get this kind of information directly from the web.config files.  

I believe you want to share this URL with different modules and/or applications. So, in my opinion, the best way to do that is to create one module with a site property containing this URL and expose a public server action (or service action) to be consumed by other modules returning this value.

If it is only to be used in one module, every module consuming external apis allow us to configure the URL directly in the service center without need to change the code in SS.

regards

Fabio

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.