[OneSignal Plugin] One Signal crash the application when it's open (iOS and Android)
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Mobile

I've been using OneSignal for a few years now, and I'm having a problem now using the latest version of Platform Server, MABS 7.2:

- When I receive the push notification and the application is open or in the background, on some phones (and be careful with the same phones, there are some that behave well and others do not), as I said when the application is open or in the background and at the moment we receive the push or when we open it, the application closes.

We think it might be a memory-related bug, but we've tried several tests already, and there's no standard. We've already experimented with a basic application just for testing and this happens. We urgently need to understand if they are going to pick up on this theme ASAP, or if I have to change components as I am days away from going to production.

Solution:

This issue was also investigated by our R&D, as you can check in our Release Notes under RPM-968. The suggestion presented for this is to disable the "heads up" notification by setting DisableInspectorNotification preference to true in the Extensibility Configurations.

• Kindly refer to public article Extensibility Configurations JSON Schema;
  • To do so, when accessing the application's module using Service Studio, on your right tab (scrolling all the way down) select Extensibility Configurations;
  • There you should add:
    • {
        "preferences": {
          "global": [{
            "name": "DisableInspectorNotification",
            "value": "true"
          }]
        }
      }
Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.