Bind structure data to TabaleRecords in Traditional Web application
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.12.3 (Build 50494)

Hi ,In requirement, where I need to get data from REST API and need to display in Traditional Web app ( able to get data in Reactive app).

I have implemented a service to consume REST Api methods (publisher module), In consumer module (traditional web app) I am able to get the response data in Structure format, but when I am trying to bind to TableRecords, not able to drag and drop the structure attributes in TableRecords.Even assigned in Source Record List also and data is not populating.  Hence sample data is not populating in design time. 

I am able drag the table data and it's attributes in table (not in structure)

Help would be appreiated  on how to bind the data from structure data to TableRecords ( How to call REST API in traditional web apps).

Please find attached screenshot for reference.

Thanks in advance!

i don't understand.

what do you mean by 'not able to bind'.  I see in your screenprint that you have indicated the list as source. 

So all you have to do now, is add columns, add expressions in them, and refer to the lists attributes, for example tempResponse.Data.Current.Amount

Dorine

Hi Mahesh,

i consumed a country api and i bind its structure to grid it is working i am sharing below in oml can you check once and tell if you were trying to do the same.

Thanks

BindRestApi.oml

Hi Mahesh,

sometimes the drag and drop doesn't work.  It's an imperfection in the drag and drop accelerator, I guess.

That's too bad, but not fatal, you can just add columns to your table records manually, and add expressions in them to bind to the list attributes.  

It's a hassle if you have many attributes, but can be done.

Dorine

Hi Dorine ,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I am trying to find for the solution  for  consume REST API in traditional  web app. 

In the process of this, publisher module returned the data in the structure and I need to use the stucture in traditional web app. 

The issue here is, not able to bind the structure data to TableRecords in traditional web app(but able to set the data for TableRecords)

i don't understand.

what do you mean by 'not able to bind'.  I see in your screenprint that you have indicated the list as source. 

So all you have to do now, is add columns, add expressions in them, and refer to the lists attributes, for example tempResponse.Data.Current.Amount

Dorine

Thank you Dorine.

By adding manual table cells with expression, its worked for me.

Hi Mahesh,

i consumed a country api and i bind its structure to grid it is working i am sharing below in oml can you check once and tell if you were trying to do the same.

Thanks

BindRestApi.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.