I can't use 1-Click Publish

I can't use 1-Click Publish

Hello,

I downloaded earlier today the free version of Service Studio.
Then when I was asked, I selected the option to Install the Application Server in my Local Machine, so the full application (open source) was downloaded and installed with SQLServer Express and IIS.
I didn't see any error message in the whole process.

Then I started the first tutorial without any problem, until the step 11:
When the 1-Click Publish button was clicked in, I didn't see any screen activity similar to the introductory videos... and after some seconds the arrow from the tutorial moved to the lower part of the window and the tutorial script prompted me to click in the "open in a browser" option, but "the open in a browser" option was not shown in the lower tabs of the Service Studio.

Any hint will be welcomed.

Cheers

Francisco
Hi Francisco,

That is definitely weird. Have you connected Service Studio to your local server - usually at localhost?

What happens when you click the 1-Click Publish button?

If that behavior keeps happening, I suggest clicking the Help menu in Service Studion, and submit feedback. That way, Service Studio will send over some diagnostic info for our support team, so that they can better try to assess what's going on.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi,

After clicking the 1-Click Publish button, I can't see any screen activity in Service Studio, the tutorial windows changes to show a window with the header:

What is the 1-Click Publish?

Some seconds later, the arrow prompt of the tutorial moves to the lower area (close to the tabs Sales Assistant, Bootstraps and Contacts) where the "Open in a browser" button should appear (it doesn't)

The Service Studio apparently is connected to the local server, as I can read in the lower, right corner of Service Studio window: "Server: localhost | User:admin"

Best regards

Francisco
Hi,

I've submitted feedback to support as suggested and they found the problem ... 

It's so simple that is almost embarrasing... I enclose their answer:

We have been analyzing the feedback you send us and apparently the Open in Browser button is not being shown because the lower pane window is to short, but I would like to ask you to confirm this.

Please check the attached image for how to increase this bottom pane.

Let us know how it goes.

Should you have any other questions please feel free to contact us back by replying to this email.

With best regards,
Renato Gonçalves

Cheers

Francisco
Hi Francisco,

Thanks a lot for letting us all know what the problem was. It's terrible when such a problem occurs, but hopefully this explanation will help others fix it should they run into it.

Regards, and keep up the good work.

Paulo Tavares