outsystems 6.0 upgrade

outsystems 6.0 upgrade

hi, version 6.0 is really so awesome,its support for different mobile frameworks and UI,themes and PAAS just makes it simply the best dev platform out there ,cant wait to install and play around with it.

i would like to know if i can install 6.0 on  the same machine with version 5.1 without uninstalling 5.1 first and if my settings will be affected in the process.
hi, i just installed service studio 6.0 but when i try to log into my platform server ,it tells me that versio 6.0  is not compatible with version 5.1.19.i want to know if 6.0 can only be used at the cloud for now.there is not an option for downloading service center 6.0 and service studio is not compatible with version 5.1 so i cant use version 6.0 right now. 
thanks for the reply, but  does the the upgrade override previous license being that a new platform server is being installed.
Hi Tmlewin,

What do you mean by overriding a previous license? If you have bought a license in the past, you just need to get in touch with our support team, and they'll send you the respective license for your new version.

In case you're on a community, no worries. Though the new server starts by default as an Enterprise trial, at the end of the trial you just need to select the community license.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
By the way, just like to say, outsystems did a pretty good job in 6.0.

Enterprise trial is valuable.

So far only can say good things :) 
Hmmm wonder where the "free for life" version is ...
If i go to the full download I see this :
Get the Agile Platform™ in your server, free for 30 days.
Build your first web app in minutes, grow it as you need!

Previous community edition (4.2 - 5.1) was free for life
as far as I know, this trial have 300.000 Sus so you can test all apps and then you can get back your community free for life edition license after 30 days :)
How does anyone obtain the free community license ?
Hmmm wonder where the "free for life" version is ...
If i go to the full download I see this :

Get the Agile Platform™ in your server, free for 30 days.
Build your first web app in minutes, grow it as you need!

Previous community edition (4.2 - 5.1) was free for life

Actually, this was done through extensive research of our R&D department, where they observed that "free for 30 days" and " free for life" were approximately the same thing, for very large amounts of 30 days. :)

The community edition is still free for life. Though I have not gone through the process myself, I was told that at the end of the trial, if you click the "Upgrade" button, you can choose the Community Edition, and keep it as it used to be.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Would be nice to have it mentioned somewhere on the site
:-)
This just answered all my questions Paulo!

I was allready creating a post

"what ever happend to the "for ever free community edition? I installed this new V6.0.0.2 edition, but it's has a "trail' for 30 day's????
what happends after the trail? am I gonne loose all my work? do I have to start paying 200$ a month??? do I need to downgrade to V5?"

I'll just wait and see what happens :)
Hi guys,

There is no need to wait :) Just press the green Upgrade button in Service Studio's server tab, and order your free Community Edition license.

Btw, the trials are of a Standard 300 edition, not an Enterprise edition as Paulo mentioned.

Cheers,
Thanks for the correction Rodrigo, and for the explanation - indeed, it's a Standard 300, and not an Enterprise. 

Have fun!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Guys,

I am sorry to be bothering you but, please, forgive me because I am a newbie regarding this product.

After the 30 days trial period, If I choose the Free Commnunity License, my current standalone installation will work as it was working during the trial period?

I mean, will be possible to deploy the application from the studio into the local server in order to test it?

This would be great, because I am involved in a Prove of Concept with a client, and this will take much more than 30 days before I get the final approval and the "green light" to go ahead and acquire the product in a production environment.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Hi Sidnei, The difference between those two licenses is the number of software units. All other features are available. Cheers, RNA
So far so good with version 6.0. I am having difficulty with Integration Studio 6.0. When trying to upgrade an extension from the previous 4.2.2.49 version it appears to upgrade correctly. But when I try to 1 click publish, I get "Integration Studio options are not correctly defined. Do you want to define them now?" I click yes and attempt to make the .Net settings identical to those of the Integration 5.1 version. This doesnt appear to work. Please help!
Hi Julius

Try to click the Default's button on the bottom, thats usually enough to fix the settings. Just copy the IDE location to put it back.
Also what is the type of your extension? If it is "Both" it will also require the Java settings to be set. If java is not important to you (or the extension doesnt even have Java code) just switch it to ".net".

Regards,
João Rosado