Master-Detail Webscreen Edit

Master-Detail Webscreen Edit

I would like to have a master-detail editing screen, not for records showing only, but am stuck on how to go about it, although I have seen the tutorial for records showing. I would specifically like to have Maps Request as the Master section, and the Maps Request Details as the Detail section...but editing and saving both at the same time (into their respective tables). I would I go about this? Once I get this, my small application for receiving map requests and issuing GIS maps in our office will basically be over, so please help!

Thanks in advance!
Hi Rodwell,

I would assume that in the Save action, you would just need to implement the logic to store both records information. 

See this tutorial on how to create such a page, or try our newly launched Apps section. There you'll be able to try and download many applications, and see how we implemented such patterns.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Thanks Paulo a lot, am sure this is going to really help. I had uninstalled my Agile Platform IDE and replaced it with the full Agile Platform CE...so I need to re-install IDE inorder for me to download the sample I need...right?

Am sure this will solve my dilemna.

Regards,

Rodwell
Hi Rodwell,

Unless I'm missing something, I would assume that all current Agile Platform installations include the IDE - which is Service Studio.

Look for it in your Programs folder, under OutSystems.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Thanks for that...I had seen that I can download the samples in Agile Platform 5.1. The only problem is the version compatibility issues, where the new samples are done using version 6.0 and can't be opened in 5.1, and I have decided to download version 6.0, because I need to see the espaces of the samples.

I have checked out the new samples, and I will have to try to implement the techniques used...hopefully in a short time, I will catch up with the techniques quickly.