6.0 Community Edition installation

6.0 Community Edition installation

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to install Platform Server 6.0 Community Edition in my laptop and the installation seems to hold at "Creating Platform database 'outsystems'." step.
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and had no SQL Server installed.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Tiago.

Hi Tiago,

In order to help you solve this situation we need to analyse the logs of your installation.
Please create zip of all the files in the "C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Installer\Logs" folder and reply to this message with that file attached.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Ricardo Ferreira

Hi Ricardo,
here it is. I canceled the installation after more than 1 hour waiting and I noticed that the Configuration Tool process kept running.

Regards,
Tiago.
Hi Tiago,
From your installation logs, it appears that SQL Server was correctly installed and the Configuration Tool is having problems connecting to it.

Please try to repeat the installation by running the full installer again.

In this second run, since there is an SQL Server already installed in your machine, installer will run a series of connection tests to it, to check if it can be used for the Agile Platform. These tests can help us determine what's wrong with your SQL Server.

Please send us the log files that you will find in the same folder.

Thanks!
Hi Ricardo,
here are the logs.

Regards,
Tiago.
Hi Tiago,

The logs you sent indicate that the Installer is able to communicate with the SQL Server database, however you still have a problem with the Configuration Tool when creating the outsystems database.

I suggest you to proceed to do some steps of the manual installation as described here.

In the "Installation" phase, execute the following steps:
  1. Create an OutSystems database Catalog 
  3. Run the OutSystems Configuration Tool

Step 3 will give us more information why Configuration Tool isn't able connect to your SQL Server. Please report each step.
If it goes ok, after completing all instructions for step 3, please run the installer again and everything should go well.

Thank you!
The problem is solved.

After uninstalling SQL Server and OutSystems platform I installed MSFT SQL Server 2005 Express 64 bits. With this setup the OS Platform Installer executed with no errors.
It seems like the problem existed because the Platform Installer installed the 32 bits version of SQL Server 2005, but I'm just guessing.

Regards,
Tiago.
Hi Tiago,
Thank you for reporting the fix for this situation.

I tested in a similar system (windows 7 64-bit) and the Community installer installed SQL Server 2005 64 bit automatically.
Apparently something went wrong with your SQL Server installation or configuration, although it was not reported.

However, for users that might have this problem in the future, uninstalling and reinstalling SQL Server will fix it.

Regards,
Ricardo Ferreira