Excel upload error
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hi All,

I am trying to upload an excel file . I have mapped the sheet and column fields properly but getting the below error. I am not able to find the cause for this.

You are trying to modify 16384 cells while ExcelFile.GroupMethodsAffectedCellsLimit is set to 5000. If you want to perform this operation, you need to change ExcelFile.GroupMethodsAffectedCellsLimit accordingly.  

Solution

Hello @pranav pandey 

An Excel worksheet (currently) allows a maximum of 16384 columns. So it seems like you have code somewhere that merges cells across an entire row (therefore 16384 cells).

If so, that's likely your root cause, because Excel allows you to merge a maximum of 5000 cells/columns.

So I would recommend checking code where you may be merging cells.

Regards,

AJ

Hi A J,

Currently the excel contains many sheets and have some macro logic as well. We are using a specific sheet to get the data . I will check if any such logic is there or not .

Thanks for the help .

Hello @pranav pandey 

Are you using a component from forge or excel widget from platform.

Also can you share a screenshot from servicecenter with all info please?

Thank you

Gonçalo Almeida

Hi Goncalo,

I am using outsystems component only, upload widget to upload the excel file and excel to list converter for the list operation. I have attached the error screen shot .

Thanks for your help

Capture.PNG

Solution

Hello @pranav pandey 

An Excel worksheet (currently) allows a maximum of 16384 columns. So it seems like you have code somewhere that merges cells across an entire row (therefore 16384 cells).

If so, that's likely your root cause, because Excel allows you to merge a maximum of 5000 cells/columns.

So I would recommend checking code where you may be merging cells.

Regards,

AJ

Hi A J,

Currently the excel contains many sheets and have some macro logic as well. We are using a specific sheet to get the data . I will check if any such logic is there or not .

Thanks for the help .

Thanks @AJ. , it seems macro was the cause of the issue . I copied the specific sheet data to another excel and it worked. 

:)

That's awesome Pranav! Glad you worked that one out,

Cheers,

AJ

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.