[OutSystems Data Grid Web] [DataGrid] How to disable/remove the row header validation & tooltip message?
data-grid
Web icon
Forge component by Platform Maintenance
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.13.0 (Build 53353)

Hello Support,
There is a requirement to not display the validation error (red mark ) and the validation message on the Row header. The requirement is to show the error mark and validation message only to the cells.

We are being able to not display the error mark with removing the "wj-state-invalid" class inside the formatItem event.
However, we are not being able to disable/remove/delete the tooltip on the row header.
Could anyone help on how to remove the tooltip from the row header?

Wijmo Link:
https://www.grapecity.com/wijmo/demos/Core/CollectionView/EditingViews/Validation/purejs

Thank you.
Regards,
Alam

Solution

I was being able to achieve what I wanted by the following line of code inside the mouseover event listener with applying some conditions like if the cell is row header.

document.querySelector('.wj-tooltip.wj-error-tip')?.remove();

great!

Thanks for sharing  the solution 

if you are seeking to remove the styling of the validation errors then you may use the following snippet to overwrite the default values in the CSS

.wj-cell.wj-state-invalid.wj-header{ background:#eee; border-color:#bebebe; border-top:0; border-left:0; } .wj-cell.wj-state-invalid{ border: 1px solid #bebebe; border-top:0; border-left:0; } .wj-cell.wj-state-invalid:not(.wj-header):after{ display:none; }

Thank you for your method.
I have already removed the styling by removing the wj-state-invalid from the row header.
I have not been able to not display the tooltip from the row header.
In wijmo forum, there is a suggestion about removing the tooltip class from the row header after adding mouseover event listener. something like this. 

document.querySelector('.wj-tooltip')?.remove();

I will try this.
Thanks.

Solution

I was being able to achieve what I wanted by the following line of code inside the mouseover event listener with applying some conditions like if the cell is row header.

document.querySelector('.wj-tooltip.wj-error-tip')?.remove();

great!

Thanks for sharing  the solution 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.