Multiple Dropdown Updation

I had implemented Multiple value selection dropdown and showed on screen. On screen i had made multiple value selection  dropdown for each row. I need to add the values of dropdown selected in row  with the values already selected  and shown on screen  .These should be updated after clicking on update button. 

dropdownForum.png

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jayshree,

For the mentioned use case, I have created a sample screen. See this sample app MultipleDropdownTagsTask

Implementation Steps:

1) Introduce an Adhoc attribute (e.g, Resource (Text data type)) to the Aggregate to hold the comma-separated text value

2) On every dropdown selection - Using string_join server action (from Text Extension module) join the selected value with ', ' delimiter

3) Assign the joined string value to the current Adhoc attribute (i.e. Resource) placeholder

Refer to the attached .oml file

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

RWA_Lab_MultipleDropdownTagsTask.oml

How to save these values in database

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jayshree,

Sorry for the late response. I also do have a similar approach as suggested by Pedro.

See this sample app MultipleDropdownTagsTask

Implementation Steps:

• Add one more adhoc attribute (e.g. ResourceIds) to the Aggregate to hold the comma seperated selected EmployeeIds.
  •  On save action flow, using String_Split server action to split the comma separated EmployeeIds with delimiter ","
  • Iterate the output List value from String_Split and insert records to the respective entity

Refer to the attached .oml file.

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

RWA_Lab_MultipleDropdownTagsTask.oml

Hi Jayshree Mahajan,

If you have already implemented it in the screen, then you already have the data you want in your list, right?

To save your data to the database when you click the update  button do for example in the action one foreach to your list and in each interation of the list, add each record to the database, using the create or update CRUD  actions (depend of your case).

Best Regards,

Pedro C.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.