[OutSystems Maps] Discrepancies between dependency versions
Question
outsystems-maps
Reactive icon
Forge component by Platform Maintenace

Hi Outsystems Devs. How is it possible that OutSystems Maps is published and advertised as v1.5, however, OutSystems UI Template Mobile and Reactive both have a dependency of v1.4? Shouldn't the dependency on both those components be updated to v1.5? (Since they are always installed on DEV). Is this maybe something that should be fixed?

Thanks!

Solution

Hello @Pieter Swart ,

In fact we will update both components in order to have then in sync. The is a problem refreshing Screen Templates module after the Maps component upgrade to 1.5.0, but there is a way to do it in Service Center.

Please go to Service Center, to the Maps Component module and press the button Publish all Consumers. This will update references and publish all the consumers.

Sorry for this situation, we are working to synchronize the components and also to assure that there is a mechanism in place to avoid this kind of situations.

Please let us know if this managed to update the Maps component and having the Screen Templates updated.

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

Hi there

Sorry, I was already on leave by the time you posted this. I will update all the modules again today to see if everything is working well together.

Kind regards!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Pieter,

The latest versions of the OutSystems UI Templates were published before the latest version of OutSystems Maps. It is not customary to publish new versions of components if one or more of their depedencies gets a later version, unless that would cause a broken reference or other incompatability problem. If this were the custom, people who are using these components would be notified to upgrade a lot, while this wouldn't be necessary!

Hi Kilian

I hear what you are saying and the current OS UI Templates indeed breaks if I install OutSystems Maps v1.5 on my system. Since both products are maintained by OutSystems and OS UI Templates is technically not an optional component on development environments, I'm wondering how a new version of OS Maps was published to the forge if it's not compatible with any version of the Templates? (latest versions v 1.4.7 and 1.5.7 at the time of writing), ie, if it's not compatible with any version of the Templates, most developers will not be updating to it since it will negatively affect new screens they might be creating (with relevant components).

Anyhow, it's been more than a week since they published v1.5, so either nobody is using it (which I don't think is the case), or there is something wrong with my environment?

Can you test it on your side?

I have an on-prem environment with UI Mobile Templates v1.5.7 and UI Reactive Templates 1.4.7

I performed a forced install on v1.5 since I also assumed that it should be compatible (as you noted above) 

The update broke both the UI templates components. The only way I know how to refresh a consumer is to open it and update/refresh via the Manage Dependencies button, but this is not possible with the Templates since they are seen as system components. Publishing the consumers of OS Maps also did not help

Thanks

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Pieter,

I tried, and indeed 1.5.0 is incompatible with the Screen Templates. If I try to install them I get a warning:

I've notified OutSystems of this, I hope they can fix it. It's a problem of the Screen Templates btw, not of Maps, but since they are published by the same team, I hope they can fix it quickly. Thanks for letting us know.

Solution

Hello @Pieter Swart ,

In fact we will update both components in order to have then in sync. The is a problem refreshing Screen Templates module after the Maps component upgrade to 1.5.0, but there is a way to do it in Service Center.

Please go to Service Center, to the Maps Component module and press the button Publish all Consumers. This will update references and publish all the consumers.

Sorry for this situation, we are working to synchronize the components and also to assure that there is a mechanism in place to avoid this kind of situations.

Please let us know if this managed to update the Maps component and having the Screen Templates updated.

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

Hi there

Sorry, I was already on leave by the time you posted this. I will update all the modules again today to see if everything is working well together.

Kind regards!

It is!. Thank You.

OutSystems IPP.html

I have one #Ideas that arises from these chat, in ideas can you look at it and we can thalk?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.