How to use scheduled timers
Question

Hello,

I am trying to send E-Mails every few days in a month. For that purpose i created a timer, with a schedule of 15min to check if it works,  but it just doesn't.

My understanding is, that when i schedule a timer which has a set action it will go off at the scheduled time, without any action needed. But this clearly doesn't work for me.

I also tried to call a timer in a Server action. This way it works fine, but just when I call the action and obviously not on the right time.

Can anybody explain how I can send mails on a scheduled time?

Thank you

timer.PNG

The timer should work. 

Did you check the timer log to see if your times started?

did you take into account that the timer works on server timezone? for us this means that if i start it at 1200, it will start at 1300.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello.

Ifit works from the server, I think your timer is inactive.

• Go on Service Center.
  • Open the module.
  • Open the timer.

If you see the button to Activate, that is it. Just press it and it will run on the next change (13:00, 13:15).

If the button say Deactivate, then it was not this. But try the Run Now and look at the logs.

The timer should work. 

Did you check the timer log to see if your times started?

did you take into account that the timer works on server timezone? for us this means that if i start it at 1200, it will start at 1300.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.