Custom dataseries order of a stacked bar chart
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hi,

I would like some help customizing my stacked bar chart. Some background information: I use the bar chart as a sort of timeline. In this example it shows the exercises that are done, by who and for how long (the 1 and 2 are hours). It is now stacked using a default order, however I would like this order to be dependent on an attribute (for example the order attribute of the ExercisePlan entity). Elsa should have walking first and then cycling after. How do I do this?

Another problem is that Anna has the "exercise" sleeping twice. Instead of showing it as sleeping first, then swimming and then sleeping again, it creates a new row. Maybe this problem will be automatically solved when adding the order?

I added the sample OML file.

Thanks in advance!

ExampleGraph.oap

Hi Anna,

Might I ask why you are trying to make this using a stacked chart? I feel like time data should not be graphed using a stacked column chart. Maybe that is a matter of opinion.

Have you looked at the Highcharts reference? This might help you better understand the way graphs are rendered, and find ways to customize your look and feel.

Gr

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I already spend hours on the Highcharts website. Do you have a suggestion for another type of chart supported by Outsystems, which displays who should do what, for how long in what order?

Kind regards

Hi Anna,

Are times fixed? Or is only the order of activities fixed? If times are fixed I would feel like using a table-like structure would make more sense to graph this information. Currently this information is missing in your entity so it wouldn't be an option yet.

You could also interpret each "schedule" as a list of activities, therefore plot them in a listgroup. From there, you could set the group orientation to horizontal and stack them for each member.

Using webblocks you could define a list of persons, then show each listgroup.

Does this make any sense?

Gr

Edit: I quickly made a draft of what I mean using your example, I think you will get the gist of it.

ExampleGraph.oap

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.