Sample Apps User Data

Sample Apps User Data

This might seem like a silly question but how do I remove the Sample Apps user data. I managed to remove the Sample Data but the users were left in the system.

I could do it in the database but that would probably affect dependencies etc. I'm sure there's an easy way to do it but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance

Alex
Hi Alex,

To delete the sample users you need to delete the sample data (click import your own data or delete sample data in the app homepages) from all applications installed (sample users are shared between all apps).

Login as admin to see these links in all apps

Click  Delete all Data for each app

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Hi Tiago

I tried this but still show the 84 Users even after I have deleted all eSpaces. I tried reinstalling the Apps and removing data from each one but I got some errors saying that Contact and Project data was being used by other applications. I'm not sure how I have managed to do this but it may have been related to deleting solutions within Service Center at some point that has left the users as orphan entries in the database.

Is there something I can do to remove these users without affecting the integrity of the database. I have nothing showing in Service Studio at all as active eSpaces but these 84 users still persist

Regards
Alex
Hi Alex,

If you had errors about Project and Contact data you can try to delete those records before deleting the users. Projects are used in Timesheets and Expenses apps and Contacs may be related Users in Cases and Customer Portal applications. Try to delete the sample data from these apps first. If that does not work you can try to create a custom action to manually delete all records.

Foreign Keys should be deleted when you delete the apps in Service Center,  I'll double check to see if that's working alright.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Actually if you delete eSpaces and apps the FK will remain in the database, so you'll need to to run some sql database scripts you can find in the Performance Tuning for OutSystems Applications technical note.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões