Fail to update entity attribute from excel
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hello everyone,

I am facing with this issue. Hope someone can help me.

I tried to update the entity attributed (Status and QBasic attribute) from the excel but it was not successful.

The result is "0" value on each cell of the status column and nothing in the QBasic column as below image. 

Could you let me know why this problem happened? 

Both Status and QBasic was set as below:                

And here is the excel used to import data

When I performed update

Thank you so much for taking a look to my issue.

kind regards, 

Phuoc Luc

Solution

Hello Luc,

You can try once re-bootstraping  with updated excel sheet. And make sure the column names in Excel need to have exactly the same name and type than the attributes of your Entity. In other case, bootstrap won't work.

Hope it will work.

Regards,

Ajit Kurane.

Thank you so much Ajit Kurane!

Hello Luc,

for Updating data in your Entity don't required re-bootstrapping instead of this Please check this post

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/67599/how-can-i-update-my-entity-data-after-updating-the-excel-sheet-associated-with-it/

I want to say you same, if your are able to edit data in you entity itself, than do that, instead of using other way. Other way is also there to get your requirement. How can achieve that was also mention in that URL itself(used as per your requirement both way was mention in URL). Attached the screenshot while editing directly in Entity.

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande

Thank you so much for your information, Akshay Deshpande !!

Solution

Hello Luc,

You can try once re-bootstraping  with updated excel sheet. And make sure the column names in Excel need to have exactly the same name and type than the attributes of your Entity. In other case, bootstrap won't work.

Hope it will work.

Regards,

Ajit Kurane.

Thank you so much Ajit Kurane!

Hello Luc,

for Updating data in your Entity don't required re-bootstrapping instead of this Please check this post

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/67599/how-can-i-update-my-entity-data-after-updating-the-excel-sheet-associated-with-it/

I want to say you same, if your are able to edit data in you entity itself, than do that, instead of using other way. Other way is also there to get your requirement. How can achieve that was also mention in that URL itself(used as per your requirement both way was mention in URL). Attached the screenshot while editing directly in Entity.

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande

Thank you so much for your information, Akshay Deshpande !!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.