[RESTFulWebservice (RESTFul Webservice supports XML and JSON)] Discussion

[RESTFulWebservice (RESTFul Webservice supports XML and JSON)] Discussion

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2011-06-21 by Swiitch Pty Limited
3 votes
Published on 2011-06-21 by Swiitch Pty Limited
Hi, I get the following error when trying to pulish:

You are trying to Upload or Publish a Solution that was created in a Platform Server with a different License than Platform Server and its Intellectual Property is Protected.<br/>You cannot Upload or Publish Solutions with Protected Intellectual Property that were created in Platform Servers with a License different than the Platform Server one.
Hello Gavin

You will need to upload the solution to  http://www.outsystems.com/ipp and remove the IP protection.

Actually it needs to be the publisher (Swiitch in this case) to perform that procedure and publish a version of the solution here without the IPP protection.

Regards,
João Rosado
Does anyone have any examples of how to use this to make GET requests with JSON header content to a RESTful service implemented on another platform and retrieve a JSON response?

ie, send a GET request specifying the URL to hit and pass in some JSON header attributes.
Any chance of getting this component for the 5.1 version? Preferably with a 2008 source code :)
Pedro

There will be an update on this extension, but  unfortunately it would not support 5.1 :|

Maybe you could upgrade to 6.0 instead? :)

Robert, Unfortunatly the client can/will not upgrade for 6.0 in the near future :(

Is there any feature in the extension code that requires Visual Studio 2010 or can it be used in 2008?

Best regards,
PC
Hello all

In attachement I leave here a version for platform version 5.1

Best regards,
PC
@Pedro

Nice, thanks!
I was making some tests with the extension and I found an error while doing a simple return of a record list with 2 records. 

As the examples provided only show the return of a RecordList with only one record I was wondering if this is possible or not (I don't have a 6.0 platform to test the examples given to be sure if this is a problem with the original version or only with the 5.1 version I've created)

BTW the error given is:
There are multiple root elements. Line 5, position 2.
Stack:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at OutSystems.NssRestfulWebService.CssRestfulWebService.MssSerializer(Object ssRecordListObject, Boolean ssIsJson, String& ssXml, Byte[]& ssXmlBinaryData, String& ssJson, Byte[]& ssJsonBinaryData)
The same error here and no clue
Well, I really need help on this since I never used JSON.

Like the previous post that isn't mine said, I'm only able to return a list with one element.

For example, I query my table users. If I don't limit the resultset to 1, it would give me an error. If I do so, in Java-side, it gives me this error:

"org.json.JSONException: A JSONArray text must start with '[' at character 1 of {"Kindergarten":{........................"

Maybe it's bad formatted...I don't know.

By the way, it also gives an exception if you try this in XML

I'm using 5.1 version. Can anyone help me please?
Hi, I have been playing a bit with this component and added a new sample sccreen that processes the output of an example JSON web service. You can see the service here - http://betherenyc.herokuapp.com/api/allevents/ (a sample response is also attached).

Attached you can find a new version of the sample eSpace. You can test the new Entry Point Example_2_Client that invokes the service referred (http://betherenyc.herokuapp.com/api/allevents/) and shows the results in a table on screen.  I also created a new version of the extension (the one available seems to have been created with a higher version than Visual Studio and has problems in Integration Studio).

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems
wrote:
Hi, I have been playing a bit with this component and added a new sample sccreen that processes the output of an example JSON web service. You can see the service here - http://betherenyc.herokuapp.com/api/allevents/ (a sample response is also attached).

Attached you can find a new version of the sample eSpace. You can test the new Entry Point Example_2_Client that invokes the service referred (http://betherenyc.herokuapp.com/api/allevents/) and shows the results in a table on screen.  I also created a new version of the extension (the one available seems to have been created with a higher version than Visual Studio and has problems in Integration Studio).

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems

Daniel, nice!

by the way, the Component has been depleted: it has been replaced with JSON (XML to JSON Serializer and JSON to XML Deserializer)

I wrote them both :)

Hello,

can we mark this component as deprecated or even delete it, if is not in use? the reason why I am asking this, is because someone installed it in a server where I am working, and it completely replaced the xml records extension, so as an advice, please if you are going to build an extension based in another one, please make sure that you clone it first, otherwise it might cause some issues.

Best Regards,
Hugo Pinheiro