[APNS (Apple Push Notification Service)] Discussion

[APNS (Apple Push Notification Service)] Discussion

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 2011-06-29 by Swiitch Pty Limited
2 votes
Published on 2011-06-29 by Swiitch Pty Limited
This is really cool, you guys!
If you find that your iOS devices are not recieving a push notification message.

Please check your event viewer: security logs, you will find an cryptographic operation audit failure message.

The cause of this is the App Pool running the server side extensions are running under the machine context rather than the user context.

Resolution
Go to 
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\ or 
%windir%\systems64\ and run the following command

appcmd set apppool OutSystemsApplications -processModel.loadUserProfile:true

This will solve your problem.

----------------------------------------------
Note: The "processModel.loadUserProfile" option specifies whether IIS loads the user profile for the application pool identity. Setting this value to false causes IIS to revert to IIS 6.0 behavior. IIS 6.0 does not load the user profile for an application pool identity.If the IIS server was configured to operate in IIS 6 mode, this may also occur.

If you need to make the change on the default app pool, use the following command: %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config /section:applicationPools /[name='DefaultAppPool'].processModel.loadUserProfile:true

is there some sort of documentation?

what do i use for devicetoken, p12filename and apns_payload?

thank you!
@Manuel

DeviceToken: A device token is not the same thing as the device UDID returned by the uniqueIdentifier property of UIDevice. the Devicetoken is the devicetoken that is used for apple's push notification service.

You will find everything you need on this page, 
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/RemoteNotificationsPG/ApplePushService/ApplePushService.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008194-CH100-SW9

I was trying to publishing this extension, but i got this message...

"You are trying to Upload or Publish an Extension whose Intellectual Property is Protected, since it was created in a different Agile Platform Infrastructure than "servername". To obtain the Intellectual Property Rights for using this Extension in ''servername'' Infrastructure, please go to OutSystems' Intellectual Property Services at 'http://www.outsystems.com/ipp'.

is this opensource, or not??!

Thank's!
PEDRO SOARES wrote:
I was trying to publishing this extension, but i got this message...

"You are trying to Upload or Publish an Extension whose Intellectual Property is Protected, since it was created in a different Agile Platform Infrastructure than "servername". To obtain the Intellectual Property Rights for using this Extension in ''servername'' Infrastructure, please go to OutSystems' Intellectual Property Services at 'http://www.outsystems.com/ipp'.

is this opensource, or not??!

Thank's!

Pedro -

Yes, it is open source, but the intellectual property thing still needs to be dealt with. All you need to do is to follow those instructions and it will be re-tagged for your environment and you can use it.

We've all complained about this odd process a number of times... but you get used to it.

J.Ja
Does anyone knows if this extension is still working?