Replace default MenuWebblock

Replace default MenuWebblock

Hi all,

I want to replace the default menuwebblock with my own jQueryMenu.
However when I change the menublock in the theme, I get the message
"The 'WebFlow\COOLMenu' web block is not valid to be used as the menu of the 'COOLSiteCMS' theme."

What's needed to create a MenuWebblock that is allowed to be used in a theme ?
You get that warning when your menu block doesn't have the structure that IntelliWarp is expecting. This means a parameter of type MenuItem Identifier (and optionally a second parameter of MenuSubItem Identifier), and containers with the styles Menu_Container, and Menu_TopMenus.
In that case, IntelliWarp will still work, but it will behave if you hadn't set the Menu property in the theme, i.e., no menus will be auto-generated and the Menu placeholder will be left empty.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Ok, for now I just added my menu to the default menublock and set the visibility of the mainmenu div to false :-)
Hello there,

I'm currently upgrading a few 4.2 eSpaces to 6.0 and I'm having this problem in every eSpace..
I checked, and I have both containers with the specified styles and both input parameters. Anyone has a clue why is this still happening?

Thank you in advance,
Pedro
Can you post one of the eSpaces for we to check?

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Hello, Gustavo!

Thank you for your answer!

Well, I've cleaned up one eSpace to leave only the menu behind so the warning still shows up.

I've got some more information, after all, not all the upgraded eSpaces have this problem but I really couldn't find the difference between them.
Also, after publishing, the menu works normally and it is fully functional... So this is no real problem as it isn't blocking me.

Best regards,
Pedro
That warning only states that IntelliWarp won't be able to auto create menu entries for you, not that the menu won't work at runtime.
The menu on that espace is from the 4.2/5.0 style guide, which still had an image for the preview instead of a real preview. What's missing is a text attribute to represent the Caption of menu items in both entities, which is the way the menu since 5.1 works, instead of having the text hardcoded in the block.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
That's it!

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Pedro