[Google Maps Library] [Google Maps Library] How to get the Moving Pin Location updated on map
google-maps-mobile
Reactive icon
Forge component by Labs
Application Type
Reactive

We are using Single Location Map component of Google Maps Library plugin which looks something like below:-

Challenge - Currently, the map is not updating user location but we do see a change in Database . We want to update location of the user by every 5 seconds on the Map.

Expectation - We are expecting it to update the location on the Map as soon as the Database gets updated.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Hi @Sakshi Lande ,

I don't have a specific solution for your use case, I have a recommendation.
OutSystems offers you another asset OutSystemsMaps, this one has a lot of components/features, it's stable and have been update regularly. I don't know your use case but I've prepared a simple sample where you can see a behavior like you describe (Just add your APIkey).

Let me know if this helps you,

Best Regards,
João Ferreira

Sample_Reactive_Maps_UpdateMarker.oml

Hi @João Ferreira ,

Thank you very much Joao. But, I think we cannot use the OutSystemMaps because we are already having a subscription for Google Maps Library. So is there any other method you could suggest for our issue on the basis of Google Maps Library. From our end, we tried refreshing the component and changed the timer, still the Pin is not moving on every update.

Best Regards,
Sakshi Lande

Hi @Sakshi Lande,

I've implemented the same logic with the Google Maps Library, I don't know If this will help you, you can found the sample on Screen2.

Best Regards,
João Ferreira

Sample_Reactive_Maps_UpdateMarker.oml

OutsystemsMaps in based on Google Maps API, I think.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.