Migration Vue.js application to Outsystems, too big to migrate at once, include curre
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hi there, 

We are looking at Outsystems to see if Outsystems can be an option to migrate a big application. The problem is that we cannot start all over because it would take at least 2 years in which we cannot add any new functionality. Now the question we are having is, is it possible to start with a blank Outsystems application with only authentication and show/use the current Vue.js application. 

• can we couple authentication between the 2 systems?
  • So we can add new functionality in Outsystems and step by step migrate the Vue.js functionality to Outsystems?

I already searched with different terms on the web, but could not find a clear solution. Have any of you already done this, with adding screens/functionality of an existing external application?

Regards, 

Amko

Hi Amko Hartma,
My name is Cristian, And I am helping in the forum with the intention of becoming an MVP, your like helps me a lot and even better if I manage to solve your issue.

Inside outsystems you will not be able to raise the VueJS project. What you could do is a redirect and the same with VUE.

If you can auto-authenticate with other systems, you can do this by means of a token or other convenient methods.
https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/67450/when-we-login-with-external-auth-system-is-the-password-saved-in-the-outsystems-d/

Maybe later they will give the option to add the compiled angular, vuejs and react. to be able to raise it from outysstems. but so far there is not, you can work with ReactJs from the platform and you could also add your Javacript libraries, (JqueryJS, angularJS, reactjs.....)

I hope this information helps you.
Best regards,
CP
Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.