How to access entities created in one module into another module in same application.
Question

My application is having 2 modules, I have created few entities in one module and would like to access them in module 2 as well, how can I do it?

Hello Rakesh, 

You should be able to use the Create and Update Action of those entities now that they are public to update the information. 

But if you want to follow the Outsytmes best practices and learn a bit more check out this link on exposing entities as read only.

Hope it helps! 

Paulo Rosário

Hi Alpha

You should make the entities to public so you can access it from other module in same application. So in source module you need to make the entities to public and in referrence module you need to open the Manage dependencies and need to just add that public entities in referrence module.

Thanks

Balaji

Hello alpha1074,

Hope you are doing well.

I know above solution will help you to resolve your issue.

But for more information please go through below document. So that in future you will not stuck in these type of queries.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Reuse_and_Refactor/Expose_and_reuse_functionality_between_modules#:~:text=Open%20the%20Manage%20Dependencies%20window,other%20element%20in%20your%20module.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Ajit Kurane.

Thanks Balaji and Ajit,

I am able to access the entities now but I can only select/fetch data out of those entities, I want to update data as well in these entities, is it possible to do so?

Yes. It's possible. You can update it.

Hello Rakesh, 

You should be able to use the Create and Update Action of those entities now that they are public to update the information. 

But if you want to follow the Outsytmes best practices and learn a bit more check out this link on exposing entities as read only.

Hope it helps! 

Paulo Rosário

Thanks Paulo,

This is what I was looking for :)

Great ! I'm glad I could help ! 

Best of luck ! 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.