Wizard Items compressed with only 2 items in list

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with the wizard widget when I only have 2 items to show. I use the widget with a list to show different amount of items. When I have 3 items I don´´t have problems with the styling. But if I have only 2 items to display in some cases the widget looks like this:

When I check the developer tools inside the widget there is the following code at the beginning and at the end

If I remove both script tags everything looks fine but I don´t know how to handle this behaviour.

Thanks and best regards,

Mathias

Champion
Solution

Hi Mathias Raak,

If you placed wizard items inside List widget. You will face this issue when length of List is less than equal to 2. 

I believe, this is the bug. Somehow if you are able to remove that script tag then there is no more issue. I tried by setting display: none but it is not working. 

Possible Solution :

This issue is not happening when, 

1. list have values greater than equal to 3 and 

2. Also, when wizard items are not in List widget. So don't use list widget for less                                                                        than   equal to 2.

So, You can wrap wizard items in if widget

Condition would be,   List Length > = 3 ,

then place wizard items in List widget.

If List length =2,

then take 2 individual wizard items and show values individually.  

and last if list length = 1

then show only one wizard items

Please check -  Demo Screen   and my attached OML.

Regards,

rahul

FHOS_Lab-ProgressBar.oml

Hi @Rahul Kumar ,

thanks for the response. I solved the problem with the if conditions around it. If list length >= 3 I use the wizard widget combined with the list widget.

If list length = 2 I show two fixed widzard items with [0] and [1] positions. If list length < 2 I show nothing. 

It seems like this is a good fix and I can't find any error so far.

Best regards,
Mathias

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Mathias ,

Could you share your .oml for analysis.

Regards.

Thanks for your quick response Agno, unfortunately the .oml alone would not work because it has a lot of dependencies to other modules where all the data is stored to work properly. And I can't share the whole project :( But I solved it with Rahul's idea

Champion
Solution

Hi Mathias Raak,

If you placed wizard items inside List widget. You will face this issue when length of List is less than equal to 2. 

I believe, this is the bug. Somehow if you are able to remove that script tag then there is no more issue. I tried by setting display: none but it is not working. 

Possible Solution :

This issue is not happening when, 

1. list have values greater than equal to 3 and 

2. Also, when wizard items are not in List widget. So don't use list widget for less                                                                        than   equal to 2.

So, You can wrap wizard items in if widget

Condition would be,   List Length > = 3 ,

then place wizard items in List widget.

If List length =2,

then take 2 individual wizard items and show values individually.  

and last if list length = 1

then show only one wizard items

Please check -  Demo Screen   and my attached OML.

Regards,

rahul

FHOS_Lab-ProgressBar.oml

Hi @Rahul Kumar ,

thanks for the response. I solved the problem with the if conditions around it. If list length >= 3 I use the wizard widget combined with the list widget.

If list length = 2 I show two fixed widzard items with [0] and [1] positions. If list length < 2 I show nothing. 

It seems like this is a good fix and I can't find any error so far.

Best regards,
Mathias

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.