PWA Error - Local Storage Access
Question

Hello,

I have created a PWA several months ago and everything has worked fine. I received new requirements, about a month ago, and went ahead and cloned the home module and created a separate one to apply these changes to. Everything worked just as expected and no issues were experienced. I even used the app a day ago and it worked great. 

Today, however, I am getting an error that says the following, "Your app requires native access to a Local Storage database that is not available in your browser. Please test your app in your mobile device." The weird thing is that the original app works just fine and this is error is not thrown.

I looked online and they stated that an advanced 'Disable SQL' permission needs to unchecked in the Safari settings. I went ahead and did this and the issue still persits.

Please let me know if there is a solution to this issue. 

EDIT:

These are several service center errors related to this issue:

Upgrade failed - rolling back to previous application version.

Your app requires native access to a Local Storage database that is not available in your browser.

Please test your app in your mobile device.

No cached manifest found. It's not possible to rollback to a previous version. 

[ErrorScreen] No cached manifest found. It's not possible to rollback to a previous version.

Thanks.

Champion
Hi, I may have found similar case with you. In my case, this happened on one of the users that use Chrome browser. What we do is deleting the service worker, and refresh the PWA so the browser can get the latest service worker. In Chrome, this is done by opening "Developer Tools", then open "Application" tab. On the "Service Workers" choose "unregister" (idk if "update" can also fix this, but in my case, we tried "unregister" and everything works again). It seems the service worker is failed to update to the latest version. Thanks
Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.