Import Excel - Do not import incorrect email and make list

Import Excel - Do not import incorrect email and make list

Hello,
I make action for import data of the excel... But i want make something for not copy the incorrect e-mail and if possible make a list of contacts not copied to appear at the end of import.

I already did one if with EmailAdressValidate, but not works correctly.
Someone helps me.

Best Regards, Paulo Torres
Hi Paulo,

That sounds like an interesting idea. Why not try store all the contacts that are discarded in a second (temporary) list, so that you can show them in the end?

Try the following:

1 - Create a local variable of type Record List, and Record Type the same as the one from the list you're iterating through - let's call it NotImportedList;
2 - When the Discard IF node returns true, append that record to the NotImportedList ;
3 - In the screen after the import, have a Table Records with source record being the NotImportedList .

Does this make sense - and do you think it could answer your question? :)

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your answer... That's this waht i want!
I changed my action, but i don't know how i made... The list temporary i make with structure?

In node what i put?

Best Regards, Paulo Torres
Hi Paulo,

1 - Is the ExcelToRecordList1 node's Record Definition Excel_Members as well? If so, then that's correct.

2 - Then, in the TRUE branch of the "Discard?" IF node, add a "ListAppend" action, and append to the NotImportedList the GetMembers.Current record.

3 - Finally, I see that the next screen is the NewsletterMember_List. I guess that you should add to that screen an OPTIONAL input parameter of type Record List, and Record Definition Excel_Members. You need to pass the NotImportedList from this action to the next screen, in order to display it :)

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Thanks Paulo!

Can you see my little video and tell me what's wrong:)

Thank you very much =)
Hi Paulo,

Sure enough. 

- 00:14 - what you're currently doing is Appending to the NotImportedList the Current Record that already exists in the NotImportedList (which is probably an empty record :) ). What you want to append there is the ExcelToRecordList1.Current - so, the Current Record from the Excel file that you're going through. Does this make sense?

Indeed you'll get a warning for passing a Record List as a parameter to the screen - I have no immediate workaround for that, sorry. Maybe someone here will have a better solution for this problem - indeed, you should avoid doing so if you're going to be passing very large lists between screens. However, the alternative I'm imagining would always rely on adding the wrong records to the database, and maybe flagging them as "wrong".

Good job, and let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hello Paulo,

Solved.

Thanks for your attention and patience =)

Best Regards
Hi Paulo,

No problem whatsoever - I'm glad to see you got it to work :)

Regards,

Paulo Tavares