BaseApplication User changer?

I have a atrribure CreatedBy in BaseApplication and as you know baseapplication doesn't have updateorcreate function it only has get.  I want to change User of BaseApplication, the one who made that.  do u have some ideas about that? I am clueless

I see; if it's a System Entity (or an Entity that is exposed as read-only), you cannot use any DB actions other then Get, indeed.

Although not really recommended to change data with it (especially in Production), you can use SQL Sandbox Forge Component to write SQL queries. It would be something like this: 

UPDATE {BaseApplication}

SET {BaseApplication}.[CreatedBy] = 999999

WHERE {BaseApplication}.[Id] = 999999

Hi Nino,

Can you explain more on what you mean by BaseApplication?

If you are consuming an Entity of a different module, and that Entity is marked as Expose Read Only, you can only use the Get action of that Entity. Same thing applies for Static Entities, as well.

To be able to change data of an Entity in a different module (where that Entity is being referenced), you need to create public CRUD database actions (Create, Update, Delete etc.) in the module where the Entity is situated, and use them in your target module.

I meant that, BaseApplication is an Entity which has only Get action, it's built like that. I need to change UserIdentifier attribute of it without direct CRUD actions and I have no idea how

I see; if it's a System Entity (or an Entity that is exposed as read-only), you cannot use any DB actions other then Get, indeed.

Although not really recommended to change data with it (especially in Production), you can use SQL Sandbox Forge Component to write SQL queries. It would be something like this: 

UPDATE {BaseApplication}

SET {BaseApplication}.[CreatedBy] = 999999

WHERE {BaseApplication}.[Id] = 999999

You are welcome, Nino! 

If you think it helped, feel free to it mark as the Solution :)

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.