data gets inserted in an entity automatically
Question
Application Type
Reactive

I am facing one weird situation that is an entity is getting updated automatically every seconds and it seems like it got stuck in some infinite loop but there is no infinite loop nor it's crud action is getting used and till now it generated around 20+ lac record.

records keeps on generating even after I disabled the code i.e. CreateorUpdate. Although it was using only in one action.

I tried deleting the records using  advanced SQL but it throws error "(delete from {Project_Files}): Execution Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."

Record keeps on generating every time I refresh the aggregate to preview.

Any suggestion ?

I tried the approach to increase the execution timeout to delete the data via SQL but didn’t success. However, with the help of Outsystems support we are able to fix the issue by recycle the worker process from the server which was running from last 30 hours for insertion. and it seems to be in some loop that got stuck and did not get override.

After that, I dropped the existing table and created the copy of it, it seems the loop that we inserted to create data was incorrect and result to infinite execution.

hello Siddhant, 

for listening also its found to weird for me, truly I don't the actually or correct answer because this is first time I am listening in the Outsystem

There are many way to do with this situation
(before that I just want to ask you one thing you are using timers or process ?) if no

- First delete the entity from your module and create new one that is the thing will also delete the data as well as the unwanted behavior for you (or do the cut past same entity to delete data may be this will also minimize your issue) for me I think this is the way to solved your error

- Second Add support ticket and ask Outsystem team for such scenario if possible connect to mail/phone 

hope this will solved your problem or you will get the appropriate answer as soon as possible

Keep coding :)

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande

• This is reactive application, clear client side cache may be resolved if there is no recursive action wrote in internal flows. 
  • Re publish the application and check. 
  • Restart the environment

You can connect with Outsystems team, if not resolved issue. This is look like environment issue.

Regards,

Shahaji

Hi Akshay,

I have not included that entity in any timer nor it is being used in any logic. we are not able to delete the data, as after deleting the data we are not able to publish as getting execution timeout.

we have raised the issue with OutSystems as this app is on premises.

thank you all for the feedback

I tried the approach to increase the execution timeout to delete the data via SQL but didn’t success. However, with the help of Outsystems support we are able to fix the issue by recycle the worker process from the server which was running from last 30 hours for insertion. and it seems to be in some loop that got stuck and did not get override.

After that, I dropped the existing table and created the copy of it, it seems the loop that we inserted to create data was incorrect and result to infinite execution.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.