Upgrade platforms, will it increase performance?

Upgrade platforms, will it increase performance?

When I have an espace created in 5.0 which works quite nicely and I don't have to upgrade.

Are there performance gains when upgrading to 5.1 or even 6.0?
Is the rendering better, faster?
Is database handling better, faster?
Are actions executed faster?
Is the rendered HTML smaller?

Hello Joost

The Agile Platfomr 5.1 and 6.0 includes several new features, mostly are productivity enhancements, but there are also some performance and scalability enhancements that can be applied on the applications.

One example is the Query and Action server side caching introduced on Agile Platform 5.1. However, being a new feature it should not be present on your existent espace, so it shouldn't take advantage of such performance booster without some hands-on development.

Additionally, some improvements can be found spread across some revision patches of each version, which relates to fixes and improvements of reported bugs or miss-behaviors of the Agile Platform, but usually these fixes are applied on all version releases when possible.

So basically, you should expected any performance gain or loss after upgrading a specific espace from 5.0 to 5.1 or 6.0.

By the way, are you planing to upgrade to 5.1 or 6.0 version?

Miguel Simões João

Usual we are not planning to upgrade old customers unless there is a specific reason for it.
Hence the question, because for a customer the upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 or even 6.0 is not very interesting, because most of the features are for the developer and not the customer.
However, if we could convince the customer why they should upgrade, by for example, performance increase of 20%, they will happily upgrade I think :)
In 6.0, there were some tweaks done to improve the 1CP performance, but the runtime performance of the applications should be about the same. But you do have other improvements for the customer, such as HTML5 support, for example.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Thanks for the answers.

Sadly it simply means no upgrade for my customer :)