[TIP] Bookmarklet to Sync Browser and SS

[TIP] Bookmarklet to Sync Browser and SS

Hi Community, 

I want to share with you all a bookmarklet that I made that I think is very usefull. To install it, just drag and drop the following link to your bookmark bar Open In SS

This bookmarklet works in every outsystems application that has ECT enabled.

UPDATE for Agile Platform 7.0: If you do not have ECT installed on your server you can get the same functionality by publishing the QuickEdit Solution included further down this thread.

and will do the following

Click while in a page , it will sync what you're viewing in the browser with SS

If you haven't SS opened, it will open the app for you, but when you have it on, it will just go directly to the screen you're viewing.

I only tested this with OutSystems platform 6.0 & 7.0 , but I believe it should work on other versions also.
Give it a try let me know what you think of this.

Note: this was made by me and uses an api that can change in the future, if for some reason this don't work, don't submit to OutSystems, but feed this post instead, I will try to figure it out.

PS: Feedback is welcomed

This is awesome!

Nice one, Luis!
It's my new best friend ;)
thanks
Congratulation Luis is a very nice tool to use every days ;)
I was just navigating through a production app in the browser and in Service Studio to understand its code with the help of your bookmarlet and I have to say this again:

This is awesome!

Glad to hear that. Maybe now that you've said it twice more people will start use it :P

Thanks! Very cool!
Hi all, I made a component (7.0+) to enable this bookmarklet to be used in all espaces (no ECT enabled required).
I'm undecised if I should publish it, because I don't know if it's going to be usefull.
So, this is how it's going to work. This post has 22 thumbs up now... if this post gets 10 more replies or it gets to 50 thumbs up, I'll post it.

EDIT: ppl who already posted on this thread is not allowed to post/vote
Luís Lopes wrote:
Hi all, I made a component (7.0+) to enable this bookmarklet to be used in all espaces (no ECT enabled required).
I'm undecised if I should publish it, because I don't know if it's going to be usefull.
So, this is how it's going to work. This post has 22 thumbs up now... if this post gets 10 more replies or it gets to 50 thumbs up, I'll post it.

I WANT IT!

I'll add my vote on this to be published!
just voted 
We LOOOVE this hyper-productivity stuff!! Put it out there!
Luís Lopes wrote:

Do you got a contest on how many post or thumbs up you can get? Do we share in the profit? :).

Where is the OS feeling of just sharing ;).

Kind regards,
Evert
OK ... here you go...
Now you'll get you're thumbs up for the effort ;-).

Kind regards,
Evert