how to persist web block form data using Wizard (next button, previous button)
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hello ,

I am beginner , i am using multiple web blocks(including wizard with 5 steps , next previous button) in a screen. I want to save the all web block's  form data in single save button. but when i am clicking  on next button and filled some fields and back to previous form block . The fields which i have already filled in the first step , the data in the form is lost  .How to persist the form data with every wizard steps ? Please help me out.

Wizard_Form_Data_Next_Previous.png

Hi,

Web blocks should trigger events to pass any values to the consumer of said block.

This applies just as well to your form blocks, where each block will have the responsibility to pass form input values via event triggering (on change, or onclick of next button).

The screen above should gather all event information and in the final step of your wizard (or ealier?) persist the given data values into an entity.

For more information, you can refer to this documentation page : https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Reuse_UI/Create_and_Reuse_Screen_Blocks

Thank you Gwen Jamroziak for  your valuable hints

Navneet 

Hello Navneet Sharma,

I have build a little POC that you can see here: https://personal-gxzlvs5j.outsystemscloud.com/Wizard/Screen1.

I agree with Gwen Jamroziak with using events and web blocks, I think is the best way to achive what you need.

Also I add the OML in attach, that you can see how a I did my example.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Nuno R

Wizard.oml

Hi Nuno,

Thanks for sharing your  POC .

I have used wizard also in a separate block. I am using both block(Wizard and Forms) on a screen.

You have used the wizard direct on the  screen but I want this wizard to enclosed in Block.

Thanks

Navneet 

Wizard Buttons.png

Hi Navneet Sharma,

See the OML in attach with the wizard in a block.

Hope it helps,

Nuno R

08032022_Wizard.oml

Hi Nuno R

Thank You So Much For Solution.

its Really Helpful...

Thanks

Navneet

Hi Navneet Sharma

No problem.

I always learn something new when I try to solve an issue.

Best Regards,

Nuno R

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.